Good news for U2 fans..

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from what I remember. I have not listened to in a while.

Back to that  From the Sky Down DVD -- wish they would have done more about the recording of Achtung Baby.

Decent enough doc, though. I don't remember the Rattle and Hum film getting panned when it was released by critics and such - the band talks about in the Sky Down video - I remember enjoying upon it's release. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

They are probably one of the few bands I listened to that were current when I was young (early 1980s) and still listen to today. But yea - I have never seen them. My dream would have been to see them

I am pretty sure the first thing I got was the tape of Under a Blood Red Sky. I still have it.  Which has different stuff on it than the newer releases.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Analogman said:

I think it was more made fun of or written off In Europe rather than here. I think it's great. I saw it twice when it played in theaters. 

BB King: Y'know, I don't play chords too well

Bono: Don't worry Mr King, Edge will handle that :D

I agree - a box set would be great, but the way the band was talking about that time in the Sky DVD - I don't think they would want to revisit it. Maybe by 2038 they will be ready. 

I have not watched that documentary. I think in the U2 by U2 book they also talk down the film/album. 

I am watching it now. I see what you are saying. That is pretty much the same stuff he goes on about in the book. It will be interesting to see if he carries on with those beliefs in his new book.

But to me my favorite U2 albums/time span will always be The Unforgettable Fire/The Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum.