If you need any Jersey pointers let me know. What part are you going to?

Ummm, Vernon...known as "Little Vermont". I'm friends with the band Subcommittee...ever heard of them?!? We've done plenty of overnights for their shows before, but never stayed this long. I usually hit White Castle...lol, other than that...I'll take any suggestions :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to work for my summer vacation.

I am going to be honest...(Volkswagens!) this doesn't seem like a vacation.

Then in the fall, I am going to New Mexico.

If I get the damn passport back (I'm one of those people waiting for a renewal!! :realmad !!!) I'm supposed to go to Japan at the end of July for a couple weeks (Nagano, Kyoto, and Tokyo--sort of work, but pleasure vacation too :D ). We are also trying to get to the beach in early July--any cool, out of the way suggestions either in Gulf or Atlantic coast near Georgia? Then Austin in September (I know it's fall, but will stretch summer out as long as possible).

"We are also trying to get to the beach in early July--any cool, out of the way suggestions either in Gulf or Atlantic coast near Georgia?"

you could come down my way (gulf coast) and stay in the artsy fartsy fairhope, rent a house on the bay and fish, swim, etc. then the beach is 35 minutes or so away. i hear dolly parton might be wandering around even.

this year i'm pregnant, so we just planned a vacation around wilco and used up the ATL, six flags, braves game, aquarium, etc. etc. but next year i'm doing something exotic dammit. something that involves margaritas and lots of them. damn, i am craving margaritas like a mofo.

>also, went to the Catskills back in May. awesome way to begin the Summer

Where in the Catskills? We're planning a trip up there in October. We've been to Woodstock and Rhinebeck a few times.

in mid-July, I'll be headed for Nashville to attend my 20 year high school reunion. :hmm

i'll be heading to nashville mid-july to install an art show, a little shameless self-promotion here, if you have time while you're there for your reunion, stop by the metro arts gallery on 2nd ave south. the art show opens July 19. that's what my summer vacation is going to be, installing my art.

aside from the above pseudo-work, the atlanta/charlotte/DC wilco circuit was my summer vacation.

hopefully i'll get a full relaxing vacation in the fall, maybe hike the grand canyon or something. anyone have any suggestions/experiences with the grand canyon??

i'll be heading to nashville mid-july to install an art show, a little shameless self-promotion here, if you have time while you're there for your reunion, stop by the metro arts gallery on 2nd ave south. the art show opens July 19. that's what my summer vacation is going to be, installing my art.

aside from the above pseudo-work, the atlanta/charlotte/DC wilco circuit was my summer vacation.

hopefully i'll get a full relaxing vacation in the fall, maybe hike the grand canyon or something. anyone have any suggestions/experiences with the grand canyon??

Yes! How long will you be gone? PM me and I can give you a whole bunch of ideas and places to go/see in the area! The whole Utah/Arizona/Colorado area is my obsession in life! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm off to relax at Crystal Lake, yes I said Crystal Lake...lol, in Vermont for a few days. Then I'm headed down to Jersey to go see my 2nd favorite band ;) Subcommittee!!! :dancing

Hope you all have a great week!!! :wave

EDIT: When I reminded my girls what we were doing, my oldest asked "Are they going to play 'Walken'?!?" Poor girl... I told her that's WILCO, not SUBCO. She was highly dissappointed. I asked her nicely not to let my friends (the band) know that when we get there ;) And then I said "Maybe next year I'll take you to a Wilco show if you still wanna go". She was quite excited!!! :hyper

I wish it was last Sunday because if it was, tomorrow I'd be going out to the lake to spend the day on a pontoon boat, swim, eat, swim, eat, doze in the sun, swim, swim, eat, swim... :ohwell

I wish it was last Sunday because if it was, tomorrow I'd be going out to the lake to spend the day on a pontoon boat, swim, eat, swim, eat, doze in the sun, swim, swim, eat, swim... :ohwell

I think I'll be going to Nashvil the 3rd week in August. What should I do?

I think I'll be going to Nashvil the 3rd week in August. What should I do?

you must go downtown and walk around Broadway, where all the classic country bars are. The riverfront down there is cool too. also, there is a BBQ place on Broadway called Jack's and it is awesome! must go there! MUST!

Heading to Cooperstown, NY, this weekend for the Baseball Hall of Fame Induction. Been going every year since 1989. 40-50 of us camp at the family farmhouse an hour away for the weekend. Campfire, bbq & guitars every night, wiffle ball & softball & frisbee with the kids all day. Can't beat it.

Heading to Cooperstown, NY, this weekend for the Baseball Hall of Fame Induction. Been going every year since 1989. 40-50 of us camp at the family farmhouse an hour away for the weekend. Campfire, bbq & guitars every night, wiffle ball & softball & frisbee with the kids all day. Can't beat it.

Wow. I want "in" on that action. Sounds like a blast. Enjoy.