...the "White Stripes jam with Inuit elders" topic got me thinking. (uh oh...)

It's generally pretty lame when big stars "get together" to jam live, but there have been some great exceptions.

I would really love to see this version of Wilco on the stage with Bob Dylan - before it's "too late" if y'know what I mean. They just seem like peanut butter and jam. I'd have Tweedy singing a few of Dylan's songs, and vice versa. F'rinstance, I think Jeff could do justice to some Blood On The Tracks cuts (to me, SBS is his BOTT...even if it's ultimately more triumphant than defeated). Maybe a take on Visions Of Johanna or Desolation Row too, or something earlier/funnier, like To Ramona. And the Bobster could still croak out a respectable Walken, methinks. I'd like to hear him take on Jesus Etc., and Ashes. *

Just a thought. Go.

* note: anyone who says 'Dylan can't sing' immediately march 20 yards north and wait for the bullet in the back of your skull, coz it's on its' way. cheers

Well, one that has occured already is Bob Dylan and The Band. For example, I believe their 1974 tour had Dylan's songs and The Band's songs mixed together. However, I am unsure if that fitted your def.

But on a side note: I agree with you that Dylan's voice is good. I get shit for that statement from anyone, but I think he brings strong emotion into his lyrics via his voice. However, more so in the past than nowadays.

Yeah, past matchups count, I guess. IF you missed them the first time AND would kill your sister for a shot at the wayback machine. ;)

Yeah....I think Tweedy could do an awesome Chimes Of Freedom. And a bunch from Freewheelin', especially

Girl of the North Country and Bob Dylan's Dream.

i agree on dylan/wilco. afterall, dylan did try and get those lyrics that ended up on mermaid avenue (see Chronicles). jeff did a note-for-note perfect harp solo on John wesley harding back in 2005 and wilco have covered I shall be released a few times

uncle tupelo did a few more covers though back in the day. and as for Chimes of freedon, its been done by uncle tupelo... dying for a recording of that. dont know if jeff or jay sang it. it was 17th Nov 90 at cicero's

Bruce Springsteen with Little Feat (circa 1976 :thumbup )

[quote name='JUDE

Nah...The Beatles with George Martin Producing are synergy defined.

For the most part shite solo...definitely shite as a band without Martin.

A special moment in time...

I think he might've meant, y'know......he wants Paul to kick the bucket??

anyone who says 'Dylan can't sing' immediately march 20 yards north and wait for the bullet in the back of your skull, coz it's on its' way. cheers

true, magnetic or grid?

(I happen to like Bob's voice, I'd just hate to see an innocent bystander get harmed)

Nah...The Beatles with George Martin Producing are synergy defined.

For the most part shite solo...definitely shite as a band without Martin.

A special moment in time...

Thanks for expressing your opinion as being fact and enlightening me.

I no longer wish I could see John and Paul perform as a duo.

[quote name='JUDE

I'd like to see a classic artist like, say, Carlos Santana, teamed up with a bunch of young, hip pop stars.

Wait, no. That one didn't work out so well, did it? :unsure

It worked out great for Carlos Santana. For the rest of us? not so much.