Harry Potter #7: NO SPOILERS Thread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got mine coming in the mail from amazon. looking forward to reading it, but i won't be one of those folks that plans on tearing through it...unless it's that good. i have no idea when amazon will get me my copy.

anybody heard how long this one is?

I finished The Half-Blood Prince this morning, so I've completed my task of finally catching up with all you nerds - I've read the whole series over the past few months.

The conclusion of Book 6 would've been a bit more suspenseful/shocking/moving had I not read this a couple of months ago. Thanks so much, entropy.

Tonight, for all you New York nerds:

We're less than 48 hours away from full-on Harry Potter mania. Get your anticipation started early with a night of Potter-themed rock at the Astoria beer garden. Harry and the Potters' date=' Draco and the Malfoys and the Hungarian Horntails will perform numbers like "Kicking Parselmouths" and "Save Ginny Weasley" while you indulge all your finale speculation over bratwurst and beer. No spoilers!

WizardRock in the Garden, 5-9 p.m., Bohemian Hall, 29-19 24th Avenue, Queens, (718) 274-4925.

There's a good possibiliy the book could be waiting for me at home when i get there after work this evening:

Date Time Location Event Details

July 20, 2007 06:52:00 AM CHATTANOOGA TN US Departure Scan

July 19, 2007 10:41:00 PM CHATTANOOGA TN US Arrival Scan

July 19, 2007 07:09:00 PM NASHVILLE TN US Departure Scan

July 19, 2007 06:11:00 PM NASHVILLE TN US Arrival Scan

July 19, 2007 02:18:00 PM MEMPHIS TN US Departure Scan

July 19, 2007 07:54:00 AM MEMPHIS TN US Shipment picked up from seller's facility

July 19, 2007 02:33:02 AM US Carrier notified to pick up package

Finished it about an hour ago. Simply an amazing, amazing book. Everything I could've wanted from the finale. It's bittersweet to see the series end, but at least I've got the movies to look forward to, though I can't see any way they do this book justice without making the movie like 5 hours long.

Well, Harry's dead. Yes, I RUINED IT FOR ALL OF YOU. HA HA HA HA HA.

Not really.

Seriously, I wouldn't waste my time reading such garbage.

I have a really nice book collection but alas not a Potter to be found. I collect signed first editions with my rarest being Huxley's Brave New World, 1st Edition signed and numbered 101 out of 250 and published in 1932. Its value is estimated between 3-4,000.00 as it's in pristine condition.

Now the weird world of books (or any supply and demand item I suppose). A signed copy of the first Potter book in which 500 books were printed the value is estimated at.......$37,000.00. Rowling or Huxley? In this case I'd take Huxley. j/k. I'd sell the Rowling and have a field day on ABE (American Book Exchage).

http://www.abebooks.com/docs/Newsletters/h...p;cm_ite=online

P.S. Nothing against H.Potter and his fans but I read book #1 and 1/3 of book #2 and I'd had enough. My neice took them off my hands. B)

Thanks.

But I already knew that.

No, really man. You are so cool. If I had known you thought they were garbage, I wouldn't have wasted so much time with them. Why did you speak up sooner? The world needs heroes like you in the dark times when people are going out and doing despicable acts like reading and getting excited about something. Thank you.