Harry Potter #7: NO SPOILERS Thread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good news, people. USPS delivered it to the second floor while we were at the baseball game.

and my wife's copy arrived late this afternoon. the world is right again...

well. i'm 5 chapters in. and still chugging. it's hard to believe this is the end.

and someone please for the love of god spoil the ending in this thread because i've been dying to say "THREAD BREACHED! THREAD BREACHED!"

I finished it about three hours ago. Since then, I've been attending to everything I'd neglected to do earlier this weekend. :stunned

I thought it was a fitting ending.

I finished it about three hours ago. Since then, I've been attending to everything I'd neglected to do earlier this weekend. :stunned

I thought it was a fitting ending.

Yay! I'm not alone in the world! I finished it today around noon. Phew! no one i know will answer their phones or talk to me because they haven't finished it yet.

i avoided the world until i finished it, no spoilers. i got on mass transit this afternoon after i finished reading it, sure enough there were two women on their discussing. they hadn't finished it though.

:lol Yeah, there are a couple of people that I'm certainly expecting to see in this thread...

I'll bet I'm one of the people you were expecting, huh? Sorry! I wouldn't even let myself risk venturing into the non-spoiler thread on here. (In addition to not visiting any news websites for the past week or two, muting the TV at the first mention of Harry Potter, etc.) But I just finished the book, so now it's safe. I'm proud to say that I only read it in the dead of night, and therefore managed to remain a functioning human being this weekend, and nobody ruined anything for me! I enjoyed it very, very, very much. I can't believe this is the end of the series. I mean, I can, but I can't.

I'll bet I'm one of the people you were expecting, huh? Sorry! I wouldn't even let myself risk venturing into the non-spoiler thread on here.

I know exactly what you mean! I figured I was willing to take the chance that VCers would be respectful of this. :unsure

Trish brought up the possibility that someone would run through the pre-release party at the bookstore shouting spoilers and ruining it for the most rabid fans. After having attended the event, I told her there would be no way that anyone who tried that would have made it out of there alive. I've got a pretty high tolerance for geekiness (being one myself :lol), but damn, some of those people were hardcore.

And yeah, I read for about an hour after I got home on Friday night, then finished it off by mid-afternoon Saturday. Now I feel like I've got my life back!

Sarah and her grandmother both got their copies this weekend just in time for a road trip B&B to Hannibal, Missouri. I wish I could have been a mouse in their room to see Polly and Sarah in their jammies reading Harry side by side till long into the night. :wub

Talk about late to the party: I had no idea that Stephen Fry read the British version of the audiobooks! I think I'll have to hit up Amazon UK after I finish this one (sometime this evening, I'm guessing).

Hahaha, that's pretty great.

Have you guys seen this?

Don't worry, it's safe to watch....no spoilers. :thumbup

I've just finished the book minutes ago....now Tom and Alissa are both reading it at once, using 2 different bookmarks. I foresee some arguing, when they both have free time at the same time! :lol