Harry Potter #7: NO SPOILERS Thread

This thread is for geeking-out only. No spoilers, no speculation.

So: I did manage to re-read all of the previous books before the next release. And I'll probably go to one of those midnight book-release things on Friday night.

OK, the geek bar has been set. Who's next?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am always so jealous of the Harry Potter fanatics when a book comes out. I love to read SO MUCH and would love to geek out like you all do about it - but I have never gotten into them.

In my 'hood in St Louis, the last of the STL indie bookshops is having a midnight street fair/party for the release - it sounds like a lot of fun.

Yeah, I'm going to Booksmith on Haight Street. A couple of HP books ago, my cousin Mo was coming out of the bar a few doors down from there just after midnight, and realized that the release party was going on. So she just joined in, half-drunk, with the kids in PJs playing magic-themed games and answering Harry Potter trivia questions.

I'm very excited!!

I'm not doing anything to prepare. I thought about re-reading some or all of the books, but decided against it only because I had other books I wanted to read instead. Who knows, I might still give one or more of them a go. They're quick reads.

Mine is coming in the mail from Amazon. I'm hoping by chance that they screwed up somehow and I get my book a day early.

I'm very excited!!

I'm not doing anything to prepare. I thought about re-reading some or all of the books, but decided against it only because I had other books I wanted to read instead. Who knows, I might still give one or more of them a go. They're quick reads.

Mine is coming in the mail from Amazon. I'm hoping by chance that they screwed up somehow and I get my book a day early.

Happened for Book 6 for my sister.

I'm really looking forward to this, and to be perfectly honest, I have no idea whats going to happen..To be honest, I don't think any of us are going to be able to predict anything in this book.

This thread is for geeking-out only. No spoilers, no speculation.

I'm really looking forward to this, and to be perfectly honest, I have no idea whats going to happen... I think it may turn out ...

:nono Take it to the other thread, buddy.

(Only because I remember people not even wanting to hear guesses, before the last one came out. Not just because I'm a smarmy condescending hurtful bitch.)

:nono Take it to the other thread, buddy.

(Only because I remember people not even wanting to hear guesses, before the last one came out. Not just because I'm a smarmy condescending hurtful bitch.)

There's another Harry Potter book 7 thread?

I'm waiting until all the books are released in paperback in the UK before buying them. I'm an anglophile, what can I do? Though I will be reading book 7 as soon as I can get my hands on it. The local library doesn't have it on order yet, so I don't know what I'm going to do...

i dont think ill be able to finish the whole book before i find out what happens in the end through word of mouth, tv, internet, etc.

Hopefully I can get mine the day it comes out, because if not I'm screwed. Once I do get it I'm not leaving my room. I'm reading it the whole way through, like I have the last 3 books.

Hopefully I can get mine the day it comes out, because if not I'm screwed. Once I do get it I'm not leaving my room. I'm reading it the whole way through, like I have the last 3 books.

You better hope no one sends ObliviousToMyself's tamale lady to walk by your window yelling spoilers.

Change of plans!!! Instead of Booksmith, I'll be going to Books Inc.

:

On Friday, July 20th at 10:00 PM Books Inc. at the Opera Plaza will transmogrify into The Three Broomsticks. The Three Broomsticks will serve their classic and well-loved beverages while offering a superabundance of activities for muggles and wizards alike. Fishing for Merpeople, Crowd-heckling Trivia Rounds and a Costume Contest will be enjoyed, all before the books go on sale at Midnight. The Three Broomsticks will then give its

So the book is leaked online.

I already have it ordered from amazon, but im really scared of someone spoiling the ending for me before then... so I might jump on one of these leaked e-books.