WXRT Concert Announcement

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are the lawn seats specified as "for listening only"? I know you wouldn't have a great view of the stage from the lawn (or any view at all past the front fifth or so), but is there going to be a barrier of some sort between the seats and the stage?

Why are the lawn seats specified as "for listening only"? I know you wouldn't have a great view of the stage from the lawn (or any view at all past the front fifth or so), but is there going to be a barrier of some sort between the seats and the stage?

I doubt they will put up a barrier, but it sounds like more of a waring to those who have not been to that venue before that the view will not be great. I don't think Wilco would let them put up a barrier.

$45 is a lot, but I'd probably pay it to see Wilco, if and only if it was at a venue I liked.

i thnk it is only $45 because it is for charity. $45 is quite unusual and a lot for Wilco. Not that they aren't worth it, but I don't recall them playing for much more than that before besides the vic charity show. Thankful that it is only 45 bucks? really? i would be thankful if they went back to $20 bucks a show. then I could afford to see them.

45? ive paid a lot more for wilco in the past and was thankul for $45

you either buy your tickets from scalpers, or you've only been to the 2004 NYE and the Katrina benefit shows. $45 is steep, and certainly not the norm.

Wilco + Dr. Dog @ Millennium Park??? :o

sucks that there's absolutely NO way i can make that show though...

Tickets on sale this Saturday at 11 on Ticketmaster and the Vic box office......someone get me one okay???

LouieB

you either buy your tickets from scalpers, or you've only been to the 2004 NYE and the Katrina benefit shows. $45 is steep, and certainly not the norm.

Tickets for the Louisville show in this same week, which is NOT a benefit show are $43.00 for Field Tickets.

Tickets for the Louisville show in this same week, which is NOT a benefit show are $43.00 for Field Tickets.

that's nuts. if these high prices are becoming a regular thing at Wilco shows, I guess I won't attending them.

Katrina Benefit shows + tweedy benefits + the vic 2004 shows selling out in like 5 minutes... plus living in chicago 45 bucks is just the cost of doing business if you want to go out a lot of the time... i spent more going over to a friends house the other night

i cannot tell you how sad i am...i'm returning to boston (where i missed their show this summer) on 9/6, no way i can make it back here for it

i kept praying that the "early spetember" rumor would be before i leave

and funny that is special guest dr dog, right after jeff plugged them in the nyt

it should be absolutely amazing- wilco at sunset at the park? man

Does anyone know what the recording policy will be for this show? It appears that recording will not be allowed, but I am not certain. I really hope someone can record this and would be kind enough to share, as I will not be in town.

Katrina Benefit shows + tweedy benefits + the vic 2004 shows selling out in like 5 minutes... plus living in chicago 45 bucks is just the cost of doing business if you want to go out a lot of the time... i spent more going over to a friends house the other night

hmm, not for me. $35 for a concert ticket is pushing it, anything higher is ridiculous. if I miss out on ticket sales, oh well, I'm not going to pay out the ass to some scalper. also, anytime I go to a friend's house, it's to avoid spending money.