WXRT Concert Announcement

hmm, not for me. $35 for a concert ticket is pushing it, anything higher is ridiculous. if I miss out on ticket sales, oh well, I'm not going to pay out the ass to some scalper. also, anytime I go to a friend's house, it's to avoid spending money.

Cabs - $15

Bag of green - $20

Fifth of Vodka - $25

A great party - priceless.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, not for me. $35 for a concert ticket is pushing it, anything higher is ridiculous. if I miss out on ticket sales, oh well, I'm not going to pay out the ass to some scalper. also, anytime I go to a friend's house, it's to avoid spending money.

Yes, and yes.

$45 is pretty steep, but I fear it's a sign of things to come. Perhaps they'll play 26-30 songs for that amount as opposed to 18-22 songs for $30.

Do you guys think there will be a poster for this show? Also, how does the ticket system work through Wilco's website as far as pre-sale goes? Or do we have to pre-order through Ticketmaster?

$45 is pretty steep, but I fear it's a sign of things to come. Perhaps they'll play 26-30 songs for that amount as opposed to 18-22 songs for $30.

Meh. I don't know. I bet they only can play until 10. Lollapalooza can only go that long, and it is not that far away on a weekend. I bet Dr. Dog plays for 45 minutes. They take a half hour to set up. That leaves the band 2 hours 15 minutes, tops. They may be able to do a few more, but not 26-30.

i am a bit surprised to see folks balking at the $45 ticket price. it seems to me, the band has made a great effort to keep their ticket prices low and this event is for charity. most bands these days charge an average of $85 a ticket, and let's not forget U2 and Madonna who go into the 3 digit range for bad seats. then there is ticketbastard and their $15 service fees per ticket. most wilco tickets average between $30 and $45 depending on the venue. and a lot of people i know are surprised when they find out the price and comment that it is still affordable. good on wilco!

i also think it is a matter of priorities too. my post isn't intende as a knock on those that find the $45 expensive. some folks are willing to spend more money on some things than other things. to me, it's not about the ticket cost, but instead a comment on what is most valuable to an individual. i myself have spent in the hundreds to see a band, but then again, i'm one of those that will hop on a plane and fly half-way across the country to go to a concert that costs $45 nevermind the cost of airfare. yet i hate to shell out money for clothes or shoes and think such items are way overpriced. all of which leads to me being really bummed that i'm not going to be able to hop on a plane and go to this show. really bummed.

can't wait to see the posters j4lackey!

most bands these days charge an average of $85 a ticket, and let's not forget U2 and Madonna who go into the 3 digit range for bad seats.

I agree that this isn't a ridiculous price for the Wilco show - and it's for charity - but to say that "most bands" charge an average of $85 these days is ridiculous. Your perspective all depends on the shows you regularly see. Also, the best tickets for U2's last tour in the U.S. - which were GA floor tickets - cost $45.

The $45 is very high. If this was at the Metro and the only available option, I would be pissed, but you can still buy seats for $10 here. They are charging $45 because money goes to charity and they will get that much in Chicago. If you don't want to pay, the grass will be green and comfortable.

Is there a password for this presale? Can someone PM me.

I can't find info on that.

LouieB

I would much appreciate a quick pm as well, that is if there is one. I've emailed wilco ticketing at least 3 times since Monday, but no such return for any password for this show. Kinda weird didnt Dallas have a seperate password?