Anyone get the Wilco figures?

They could probably clog up a lawnmower pretty good.

To be honest, if I liked the design better I'd probably buy them. The fact that you can't distinguish who's who though, and the fact that half of them look like a cross between a gangster and a Sasquatch make them less appealing to me. If it floats your boat though, congratulations.

Please let me know why anyone would want these. Thanks.

I think they could be pretty useful props for this year's Wilcoworld Summer photo contest. If I had a set, my daughter and I would play with them. Everything is a superhero or a ninja in her world, so we'd have the little fellas running around saving people and karate chopping things.

They could probably clog up a lawnmower pretty good.

To be honest, if I liked the design better I'd probably buy them. The fact that you can't distinguish who's who though, and the fact that half of them look like a cross between a gangster and a Sasquatch make them less appealing to me. If it floats your boat though, congratulations.

I disagree. I bought them and I think the dolls are great. Yes, I said 'I think the dollars are great.' There are elements in the clothes and faces that were obviously made by true fans of the band and detail-oriented designers. I was a little disapointed by the packaging, which was described as a custom, protective carrying case but is nothing more than a shitty box that says Wilco in some fancy ink. For some reason, I expected a metal lock-box with molded foam.

What would you do with them?

1) Act out scenes from IATTBYH with three of them and a Thing action figure in place of Jay. The Thing and Nels would have a guitar battle while Mikael and Pat carry out some sort of adventure that has bears little resemblance to the Goonies.

2) Bang them all together in a desperate reenactment of Battle Royale.

3) Put them all on the floor and allow my dog to choose which member he'd like to chew on, then immediately snatch it away from him and chastise him properly.

4) Put them in the freezer and re-enact "Alive"

5) Hide the Glen figure in a friend's bathroom cabinet for morning terror.

6) Voodoo.

7) Arrange a diorama with Todd McFarlane's line of rockstars-- I'm not positive yet, but I think a swarm of stubby Wilco guys mobbing a 1:32 scale model of Axl Rose is probably the best thing I've ever pictured.

8) Phone up Ryan Adams and ask him why he doesn't have an action figure. Patiently await Ryan Adams figure.

9) Stage an entire "Behind the Music" documentary featuring a Professor X figure as Billy Bragg. I imagine I'd have another epic fight scene involved, but I really don't know exactly how it'd go. Probably on top of a mountain (read; Pile of blankets.)

10) Sleep with them under my pillow.

11) Shoot stop motion music videos for my fellow VCers.

12) Juggle.

I disagree. I bought them and I think the dolls are great. Yes, I said 'I think the dollars are great.' There are elements in the clothes and faces that were obviously made by true fans of the band and detail-oriented designers. I was a little disapointed by the packaging, which was described as a custom, protective carrying case but is nothing more than a shitty box that says Wilco in some fancy ink. For some reason, I expected a metal lock-box with molded foam.

That's fantastic, and I say that not being facetious at all. Like I said, I'd really like them, and there's a chance I might warm up to them, I just don't really dig what I've seen so far. I'm sincerely glad though that a lot of people are satisfied. Now, if they had action poses... and smaller heads...

1) Act out scenes from IATTBYH with three of them and a Thing action figure in place of Jay. The Thing and Nels would have a guitar battle while Mikael and Pat carry out some sort of adventure that has bears little resemblance to the Goonies.

3) Put them all on the floor and allow my dog to choose which member he'd like to chew on, then immediately snatch it away from him and chastise him properly.

6) Voodoo.

7) Arrange a diorama with Todd McFarlane's line of rockstars-- I'm not positive yet, but I think a swarm of stubby Wilco guys mobbing a 1:32 scale model of Axl Rose is probably the best thing I've ever pictured.

8) Phone up Ryan Adams and ask him why he doesn't have an action figure. Patiently await Ryan Adams figure.

9) Stage an entire "Behind the Music" documentary featuring a Professor X figure as Billy Bragg. I imagine I'd have another epic fight scene involved, but I really don't know exactly how it'd go. Probably on top of a mountain (read; Pile of blankets.)

12) Juggle.

Now I want them even more!

6) Voodoo.

12) Juggle.

You had me at stop motion video! Sweet!

I wonder, what would that Ryan Adams action figure be like? Hmm....

It would come with a switch that would enable the "ADD" mode. When in the "on" position the figure would "buzz" feverishly and chain smoke.

Accessories would include a cell phone w/ speed-dial settings to Amanda Petrusich / Pitchfork.

The shipping box would convert to a small stage diorama of which Ryan could tumble off, or leave prematurely during an imaginary performance.

It would come with a switch that would enable the "ADD" mode. When in the "on" position the figure would "buzz" feverishly and chain smoke.

Accessories would include a cell phone w/ speed-dial settings to Amanda Petrusich / Pitchfork.

The shipping box would convert to a small stage diorama of which Ryan could tumble off, or leave prematurely during an imaginary performance.

Haha! It would have to be like a transformer, so he could change between DJ Reggie, member of the Shit, WereWolph (all his crazy website stuff), and his different personalities/moods at any given time.