What is/was for lunch today?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to mayo, Hellman's is the only way to go. Don't even think about giving me Miracle Whip. Bleck.

you ain't had mayo until you've had Duke's mayo! it's a southern thing though.

i think miracle whip is immitation mayo, invented during wwII when there was rationing or something like that.

i had a salmon bento box with ginger limeade

you ain't had mayo until you've had Duke's mayo!

I know they have it in South Carolina. my granny used to buy that brand.

My lunch was a Brisk iced tea. Delicious, too.

I'm going to go ahead and defend Miracle Whip here. I like mayonnaise. A lot. Hellman's is the best of the mayonnaise products readily available.

Miracle Whip is not technically a mayonnaise in the traditional sense, but rather a salad dressing. It bills itself as such, too. I find it has more personality to it than Hellman's. It tastes better. I believe Miracle Whip prides itself on containing markedly less fat than mayonnaises, too, yet this fact alone would never sway my decision on which product to use with a turkey sandwich, etc.

I tend to prefer the "tangy zip of Miracle Whip" when making a po' man's tuna (just the whip and tuna...maybe some pickles) sandwich. I don't do Hellman's mayo ever really. For turkey or other such sandwiches/subs, I'm all about the mustards...all varieties but I am currently hung up on this one...

41qmQI04CrL._AA280_.jpg

Excellent stuff with thick sliced cajun fried turkey, cucumbers, red onions, green peppers, tomato, whichever lettuce is on sale (red, romaine, green leaf...no iceberg! blech!), on the softest, fluffiest wheat roll I can find.

white castle.

See now that's what I WANTED...

(In my best street voice) Why y'all gotta be hatin' on the banana, yo?!? :ermm

All of you people who like Miracle Whip have stupid taste buds. PigSooie is completely right in every way on this issue.

In related news, I made myself another tasty meatloaf sammich last night for lunch today, and it's still in the refrigerator at home. Dammit.

In related news, I made myself another tasty meatloaf sammich last night for lunch today, and it's still in the refrigerator at home. Dammit.

Karma, sucka.

- The Miracle Whip Crew

[furious]Did you really need to make a thread for this? [popped a vessel/]

Your taste buds should try to educate themselves on how not to like nasty stuff.

I think my taste buds do an admirable job. Not a PhD.-education type job, but perhaps a local Tech. school-type job.

I don't think I've ever had Miracle Whip on anything, but I'm 100% with Lammycat on this.

In case you haven't heard, it's a dressing. Not technically a mayo. You should try a dollop of it on something to test-drive it. Maybe on a piece of French bread or something similar.