Here is what I have heard:

Ole Miss Rebels' list of possible candidates includes Rick Neuheisel, the Baltimore Ravens' quarterbacks coach who was previously the head coach at Colorado and Washington- from the Sun Herald

I've also heard Terry Bowden being linked to the Ole Miss job. Guy has been out of football for 9 years, I'd stay away from that.

LSU's defensive coordinator, Bo Pelini, is interviewing/was interviewed with Nebraska.

EDIT:

After all of the hype, I have come to the conclusion that Spurrier is nothing but hype and no matter where he goes he won't win another national championship. Him and Nick Saban need to buy a house boat together and sail the world looking for jobs that they can be hyped up for and ultimately fail.

Whoa, I disagree with you there. If Spurrier goes to LSU to replace Miles if he leaves, I would bet money that LSU would get to the title game at some point with Spurrier.

And Saban will get Alabama back on track soon, you gotta give him more than ONE year. He has resurrected every single program he has been at, including a national title at LSU.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all of the hype, I have come to the conclusion that Spurrier is nothing but hype and no matter where he goes he won't win another national championship. Him and Nick Saban need to buy a house boat together and sail the world looking for jobs that they can be hyped up for and ultimately fail.

Yeah, but South Carolina is a far cry from LSU.

Here is what I have heard:

Ole Miss Rebels' list of possible candidates includes Rick Neuheisel, the Baltimore Ravens' quarterbacks coach who was previously the head coach at Colorado and Washington- from the Sun Herald

I've also heard Terry Bowden being linked to the Ole Miss job. Guy has been out of football for 9 years, I'd stay away from that.

LSU's defensive coordinator, Bo Pelini, is interviewing/was interviewed with Nebraska.

EDIT:

Whoa, I disagree with you there. If Spurrier goes to LSU to replace Miles if he leaves, I would bet money that LSU would get to the title game at some point with Spurrier.

And Saban will get Alabama back on track soon, you gotta give him more than ONE year. He has resurrected every single program he has been at, including a national title at LSU.

Pelini is also on Arkansas' radar.

Please no Mike Leach.

Every time I hear Leach's name mentioned for an open coaches job I cannot help but think they are talking about the long snapper for the Denver Broncos. I don't know how good of a coach he would be but he long snap like nobodies business. :D

about the long snapper for the Denver Broncos

Every time I hear the words "long snapper" and "Denver Broncos" in the same sentence I have a flashback to last year's Bengals special teams collapse in Denver that cost them a playoff spot.

Where are you hearing/reading this?

It's really just a rumor at this point, but I'm hearing it from a whole lot of places -- some fan rumor sites, several friends on campus, etc. It's really not as certain as I made it sound, but at this point he's probably jumped Miles as the most likely candidate.

It's really just a rumor at this point, but I'm hearing it from a whole lot of places -- some fan rumor sites, several friends on campus, etc. It's really not as certain as I made it sound, but at this point he's probably jumped Miles as the most likely candidate.

I didn't realize he was as hot a commodity these days since Iowa has had a couple off years now.

I didn't realize he was as hot a commodity these days since Iowa has had a couple off years now.

He's probably somewhat chummy with Mary Sue Coleman, U-M's president (she was at Iowa before coming to Ann Arbor).

I'm taking a "wait and see" approach in regard to the U of M coaching search. There are going to be a lot of crazy rumors and until Bill Martin actually holds a press conference and names the coach, I'm not going to get too excited. Unless of course the rumor is that Bill Belichek is ready to leave the Patriots and bring Brady back home because they discoverd 2 years of unused eligibility, and that Moss has some left-over eligibility and wants to pursue that Kinesiology degree.

Unless of course the rumor is that Bill Belichek is ready to leave the Patriots and bring Brady back home because they discoverd 2 years of unused eligibility, and that Moss has some left-over eligibility and wants to pursue that Kinesiology degree.

Fine. Whatever. Just don't bring back Biakabutuka and I'm fine with whatever you guys do. :lol