• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I am. We still played in a BCS bowl.

good! We had a terrible season from then out......but it's rediculous how some folks just can't move on. YES IT WAS A TERRIBLE CALL, WE KNOW! My grandfather was in an airport and had a Oklahoma fan some up to him and say something like "you must be really proud of your win, cheaters" because he was wearing a Oregon hat. It's just uncalled for. My grandfather is awesome though, he said something like "Why, yes, I am really proud of that win, thank you!" back to him! :)

good! We had a terrible season from then out......but it's rediculous how some folks just can't move on. YES IT WAS A TERRIBLE CALL, WE KNOW! My grandfather was in an airport and had a Oklahoma fan some up to him and say something like "you must be really proud of your win, cheaters" because he was wearing a Oregon hat. It's just uncalled for. My grandfather is awesome though, he said something like "Why, yes, I am really proud of that win, thank you!" back to him! :)

It's ridiculous to blame Oregon or call them cheaters. The mistakes were clearly on the refs. If it was our only loss of the year, I might still be steaming. But oh, Boise State.

I would think so. I think most people are just assuming they won't do that, though.

I don't see why not. I think OU and Mizzou are both overrated as is. I'm not sure Kansas is the best team, or even one of 5 best teams, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them in the title game.

I think they should absolutely go to the title game if they win out. They certainly have a shot in all their games, but people will be gunning for them, and I think its a longshot for them to beat BOTH missouri and oklahoma. But if they do the whole "one game at a time" thing properly...who knows?

Oregon needs to watch themselves against Arizona. UofA is playing much better and they'd love to leave their mark on a bad season with wins over UofO and ASU. I think that Oregon is one of the top 2 teams in the country but conference road games are so difficult, regardless of the opponent. As an ASU fan it kills me to root for UofA, but the possibility of an outright Pac-10 championship has me hoping the Cats win on Thursday.

Any other Pac-10 fans on here? I'm used to dealing with the east coast bias but on here we seem to have the mid-west bias. Mind you, it's a much more congenial bias. :P

On the bright side, we're all setting ourselves up to eat a lot of crow! :thumbup

I'm not sure if I like the sound of that...

Since it's a Thursday game, maybe we can sneak Bob Stoops in his brother's place.

I should be so lucky. A supposed UofA "insider" told me earlier this year that the alumni, administration, etc., gave Mike Stoops an ultimatum that if he didn't go at least 7-5 this year, his job was gone. That begs the question, why didn't they just fire him in the first place?

:yes

See you on thanksgiving!

I didn't read your posts to see if you were a USC fan but I'll assume you are. Please for the love of God let ASU beat the Trojans!

If you're at the game, feel free to stop by the tailgate we are having. Top of the parking structure directly south of Sun Devil Stadium. The guy who hosts it is actually a USC alum so you won't be alone. Plenty of food, drink, merriment, etc., etc.

Out of curiosity, which incidents of hard core thuggery are you referring to running rampant and unchecked at LSU? If memory serves me, over the past 3 years Les Miles has kicked 3 or 4 players off the team for breaking team rules. All of these involved kids getting in fights

at bars where they probably shouldn't have been, and none of them were with women. They were kicked off the team, not suspended, for breaking rteam rules. Heading into the Bama game, Miles Suspends the #2 QB in a 2 QB system for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. He did not do anything wrong and any and all charges were dropped against him, but he wasn't representing the team like he should and was suspended for the game. A game that if LSU lost to Nick Saban, the shadow that les has been in for 3 years is extended indefinitely.

The best player on the team and one of the best in the nation, Glen Dorsey, gives up millions as a first round draft pick last year to come back because he wanted to help the school and his team mates compete for a national championship and he promised his mom he would get his degree. A team that was as positive a role model college sports could have after the way they handled hurricane katrina 2005. Almost the whole team volunteered on their own at the Triage center set up at the assembly center for weeks. Lots of players had family members staying with them that season and their daily lives turned upside down. That team went 11-2.

Needless to say, I completely disagree with your comments and am a little offended.

Well said, cw. :worship

I just watched the HBO Special "Michigan Vs. Ohio State: The Rivalry". All I have to say is that the producers must have been OSU grads or something. The show focuses mainly on the 10 year battle between Bo Schembechler and Woody Hayes. I would say that probably 40-45 minutes of the show focuses on OSU. I can guarantee that the portion that focuses solely on Woody is twice as long as the section on Bo. Probably the longest section on Um was the section about OSU fans being ticked off that UM keeps getting some of their players from Ohio. I went on line to see if this was supposed to be so one sided in favor of OSU and I was shocked to find out that the producers interviewed many of the past and present OSU head and assistant coaches yet they didn't even ask to interview any coach from Michigan. I don't even remember them mentioning Lloyd Carr, yet they had interviews from both "the sweater guy" and Earl Bruce. If yo are an OSU fan you will probably love it. If you are a Michigan fan you probably won't. Is there anybody who has seen it that isn't a fan of either school that can give an unbiased opinion? I'm just curious if the fact that I'm a UM fan is clouding my judgment at all?

It was definitely Ohio State-heavy. I don't know if the Woody Hayes segment was twice as long as Schembechler's, but he seemed to have a much greater presence throughout the doc.

The '95 game when Biakabutuka ran all over OSU was covered well, but they glossed over with one sentence the rest of Michigan's dominance in the second half of the decade. No mention of the Wolverines' national title in '97, while the Buckeyes' 2002 championship got several highlights. I don't know if Lloyd Carr was ever even mentioned.

And yeah, the segment about all of the great Michigan players that came from Ohio smacked of pretty much being pro-Ohio.

On the plus side for Michigan, the camera interviews with alumni and fans from both sides seemed to paint Michigan fans in a much better light. Shocker, right?

I enjoyed the hell out of it though. Even got choked up a bit towards the end when they covered the passing of WH and BS.

I haven't seen the movie since I'm too cheap to pay for HBO. I guess it sounds kind of interesting, but if the primary audience for this is OSU/UM fans, do we really need another documentary?? When I was at OSU, the display window out front of Long's Bookstore was always well stocked with more books, videos, and all sorts of memorabilia about this rivalry than you could ever want. Still, I guess there's an endless market for this stuff around this time each year.

In related news, the weather here in Columbus went from being 65 and pleasant yesterday to 30-something with snow flurries this morning on the way to work. Seems fitting. Looks like the forecast up north is calling for a possibility of snow showers there on Saturday, too. Excellent.

Go Bucks!

1023-brutus-wolverine.jpg

In related news, the weather here in Columbus went from being 65 and pleasant yesterday to 30-something with snow flurries this morning on the way to work. Seems fitting. Looks like the forecast up north is calling for a possibility of snow showers there on Saturday, too. Excellent.

Go Buckslue!

Snow Bowl II?

SnowBowl.jpg

Plus, I fixed your sign-off for ya. No need to thank me. Hope your team has fun in Orlando. :cheers

Snow Bowl II?

We might have to play the game on the Upper Peninsula to get that kind of weather these days, what with global warming and all. I say lets do it! :cheers

Edit:

By the way, rumor has it that even after UM loses this game, Division II would be more than happy to give them a spot in their playoff bracket.

By the way, rumor has it that even after UM loses this game, Division II would be more than happy to give them a spot in their playoff bracket.

No thanks. Going into the Division II playoff would most likely mean a match-up against Grand Valley State. Everyone knows that GVSU has the hottest football program in the Great Lakes State.