Well, it's that time of year again. The great times of tailgating, ladder golf, corn hole, Brad's famous Gameday Kabobs, Sec 123 Row 10 seats 3, 4, 5, and 6, Razorback Stadium filled with hog calls, and Darren McFadden running crazy are on the horizon.

AlabamaGame096.jpg

The first coaches' poll is out

1. Southern California (45)

2. LSU (4)

3. Florida (9)

4. Texas

5. Michigan (2)

6. West Virginia

7. Wisconsin

8. Oklahoma

9. Virginia Tech

10. Ohio State

11. Louisville

12. California

13. Georgia

14. Auburn

15. Tennessee

16. Rutgers

17. UCLA

18. Penn State

19. Nebraska

20. Arkansas

21. Florida State

22. TCU

23. Boise State

24. Hawaii

25. Texas A&M

Others receiving votes

Boston College (10-3) 150; Georgia Tech (9-5) 150; Miami (Fla.) (7-6) 91; Notre Dame (10-3) 90; South Carolina (8-5) 90; Wake Forest (11-3) 71; Missouri (8-5) 58; Oregon State (10-4) 52; Brigham Young (11-2) 47; Clemson (8-5) 30; Oregon (7-6) 30; South Florida (9-4) 26; Texas Tech (8-5) 20; Alabama (6-7) 16; Oklahoma State (7-6) 15; Southern Mississippi (9-5) 14; Iowa (6-7) 12; Kansas State (7-6) 8; Memphis (2-10) 5; Houston (10-4) 4; Arizona (6-6) 1; Duke (0-12) 1; Kentucky (8-5) 1; Washington State (6-6) 1.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time in many years that August has rolled around and I'm still not at all excited about college football season.

Its probably a combination of the lingering bitter taste from the no-show OSU pulled in the championship game and the fact that they will likely have zero offense this year--which, in a Tressel system, actually amounts to negative offense. :omg

My alma mater has no street cred..... y should they?

The Central Michigan C in Motion

CenMi_6843.gif

Hopefully we make it to a bowl game again this year. I like our QB. Watch out Motor City Bowl or any of the worthless .com bowls!

Duke (0-12) 1;

:rotfl Duke got a vote?

This is why I would love a vote in these kinds of things, but would never get one. I'd be the guy casting the lone vote for Steve Balboni's or Jesse Orosco's baseball hall of fame candidacy.

This is what I've been dealing with this off season.

From ESPN the Magazine

SUBJECT: FANNING THE FIRE

OMG, U SEE THE MESSAGE BOARDER

WHO TRIED 2 GET HOUSTON NUTT FIRED @ ARK?

WITW WAS HE THINKING?

By: SETH WICKERSHAM

Photo Illustration By: JOHN HUET

The neighbors

Just over 28 days until Meeeeeeechigan takes on the two-time defending National Champions and consensus pre-season #1 in the Big House. Who gives a f**k if the opponent is Div 1-AA (or whatever that division is now). But more importantly, only 106 days until November 17 when Henne, Hart, Long, and all the other seniors finally get that victory over the forces from the dark side known as the Sweatervest and the tOSU Buckeyes.

Go Blue!

goblue.jpg

But more importantly, only 106 days until November 17 when Henne, Hart, Long, and all the other seniors finally get that victory over the forces from the dark side known as the Sweatervest and the tOSU Buckeyes.

If UM can't beat OSU this year, they got some serious 'splainin to do. Which, of course, will make it even sweeter when they lose again! :thumbup

Watch out. November 3rd, the FIU Golden Panthers are coming to town. :ermm

My hopes for FIU this year. 1 win, and no major brawls. That too much to ask?

You should come to the game.

You should come to the game.

I'm going to see what kind of hookup I can get with the newspaper. They need someone to cover the game, maybe I can volunteer to go up there for that one.

I'm going to see what kind of hookup I can get with the newspaper. They need someone to cover the game, maybe I can volunteer to go up there for that one.

I've got plenty of tickets, if you can't get press credentials.

:rotfl Duke got a vote?

Every year Steve Spurrier casts a vote for them in the pre-season poll. I am obviously very pleased to see the sixth ranked team in the nation up there, if I am ever going to see West Virginia win a national championship it my lifetime this might be the year.

--Mike

The crystal football won't have far to travel after the national championship game in New Orleans.

Geaux Tigahs!

If UM can't beat OSU this year, they got some serious 'splainin to do. Which, of course, will make it even sweeter when they lose again! :thumbup

If Michigan loses this year, I can explain it already. Half their defense was gutted. That being said, the offense should be a juggernaut, and I'm feeling pretty confident about my boys this year.

GO BLUE!