• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mangino.jpg

our coach can eat your coaches and couches.

Corrected

Heebus Jeebus.

I'm guess that after a night of romance he doesn't smoke cigarettes, he smokes turkeys

That was a really good story on McFadden. Switching gears, I'm a little concerned about the Horns this year. I'm not sure the defense is going to be much better than last year's. Texas will be a little too reliant on getting pressure from its front four to help out an inexperienced secondary.

Since moving back to Columbus, I'm reminded how unflinchingly optimistic people here are about OSU football. I was talking with some co-workers recently and they seem to have far higher expectations than I do for this season. With zero experience virtually anywhere on the offense, I'm preparing myself for an offense so maddeningly conservative that they might as well call for punts on first down.

It probably won't be that bad, but still I'm thinking the theme for this year is: Lets go defense!!!!

Bo

:(

Yeah. I miss him like a relative. If he were still here, Harbaugh would NEVER have made those unnecessary comments.

• 3 weeks later...

It's less than 3 hours away.

7 pm eastern ESPN2 Tulsa vs. Louisiana Monroe

Gus Malzahn proves that he belonged in Arkansas. Tulsa -3

8pm eastern LSU vs. Mississippi State

The Bulldogs still suck. LSU -18.5

311732.jpg

His ghost will come back to lead us to win!

Or at the very least, if we lose, maybe he can punch some people in the face. :punch :w00t

Not sure what to think about OSU this year. Defense will be its usual self, offense will be...well, lets just not talk about it. I admire the discipline and consistency that the Sweatervest has brought to the program compared to the unfocused late-season meltdowns of the Cooper years*, but dammit if his overly-conservative offenses don't drive me batshit crazy.**

* - Except for that game last January.

** - With the exception of last season when he had so many Heisman candidates out on the field that he almost couldn't help moving the ball. But you get the feeling it pained him how little playing time the punter got. :lol

I was awakened by a phone call this morning that the caller said, "It's f'ing gameday. Get your head out of your ass"

I love today. Enjoy gameday today every1!

FSU vs. Clemson on the opening week. Sweet.

GO BLUE! & Fire up chips!

:lol The Michigan radio broadcasters are cracking me up ... with the Wolverines down 31-20 in the second half to Appalachian State(!), I heard one of them say the following:

"Every second counts in a tight game."

I'm not sure exactly what's "tight" about this game. Michigan's getting their asses handed to them.

Everyone said the defense would be shaky this year. Everyone was right. :hmm

I'm not sure exactly what's "tight" about this game. Michigan's getting their asses handed to them.

Everyone said the defense would be shaky this year. Everyone was right. :hmm

QFT

I'm glad to see Michigan struggling (even though they're ahead again). They're one of Penn State's only opponents this year I'm really worried about. I'm still bitter over that last-second touchdown two seasons ago that probably kept Penn State from having a shot at the national championship.

:lol Two blocked field goals in the last two minutes and the Blue go down.

Well, that frees up some of my Saturdays this year.

Ditto. I'm pretty much not going to answer my phone today either.