• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you win out you play in the Rose Bowl!

(Once my team beats Arizona State, of course)

deal

The thing that pisses me off the most is that they kept Brady Leaf (who was playing TERRIBLE football) in the game.

I don't understand, why not try putting in the quarterback who must lead the team next year in for even one drive?

Leaf performence was one of the worst QB I ever seen.

I also have no doubt we would've won if Dixon had not gone down. The commentaters were acting as if they Arizona had just re-built their entire program, when really they beat us on our worst played game of the season by far. Injurys have killed us.

Of course I'm only marginally confident that OU will take care of business. ESPN radio was talking about the possibility of Mizzou vs. West Virginia in the title game, and the way this year is going, I wouldn't be shocked.

oh, I'm pretty sure that we'll be seeing OU in the champ game. I think they deserve it. OU vs. LSU.

just the idea of Stoops magic is hilarious to me. I just have a hard time respecting the family, mostly because of the way they treat their players. And I'm not saying that to start an argument, I just have observed a lot of unnessicary yelling at players, that's all.

oh, I'm pretty sure that we'll be seeing OU in the champ game. I think they deserve it. OU vs. LSU.

just the idea of Stoops magic is hilarious to me. I just have a hard time respecting the family, mostly because of the way they treat their players. And I'm not saying that to start an argument, I just have observed a lot of unnessicary yelling at players, that's all.

One of my best friends from law school played at OU for John Blake and Bob Stoops. He said Blake was a nice guy, but he'd rather play for Stoops anytime because the discipline translates to winning. Of course, it's probably easy to say that when you have a National Championship ring on your finger.

edit: Of course, I'm not saying B. Stoops isn't a royal a-hole. Another good friend of mine is a sportswriter and he tries to stay invisible in press conference simply because Stoops is such a jerk to the media. He doesn't recognize the media for what it is: The face of the fans, which pay his salary.

Of course I'm only marginally confident that OU will take care of business. ESPN radio was talking about the possibility of Mizzou vs. West Virginia in the title game, and the way this year is going, I wouldn't be shocked.

I don't think we'll see that sort of matchup--somehow I'm sure we'll have at least one "traditional" power team in the championship game. Even if the rankings continue to shuffle themselves as they have all season, I have a feeling the BCS would freak out about a Mizzou/WVU matchup and would find a way to magically correct the situation for the sake of ratings.

Honestly, at this point, my greatest wish is to see LSU get dropped in the title game by Kansas or Mizzou or WVU. I have nothing against LSU, really, I'm just tired of reading articles about how the SEC is so wonderful that a 6-loss SEC team is roughly equivalent to an undefeated team from any of those other insignificant little conferences around the country. :yucky Would be nice to win one for the underdogs.

I love that the Big 12 Championship game could possibly be a national semifinal. We haven't seen that in years past. At most it's usually one team that has a chance at the BCS title and another playing the spoiler role. If Kansas and OU keep rolling, this could be the closest thing to a playoff there can be.

I just wanted to get a few last shots in there before I signed off for the day. Good luck to you guys tomorrow (no, really). Should be another good one.

One last picture. Just because this one made me laugh:

ohtg10108171724copy6tk.jpg

I am really enjoying people overlooking the Jayhawks...the fat man is gonna surprise some more folks...

I just wanted to get a few last shots in there before I signed off for the day. Good luck to you guys tomorrow (no, really). Should be another good one.

One last picture. Just because this one made me laugh:

ohtg10108171724copy6tk.jpg

How many college credits is that again?