• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DMac really deserves the Heisman. I don't care that his team had a sub par year, he is the best player in the game.

The fact that Oregon is absolutely abysmal now (they have 0 points right now in the 4th quarter against UCLA), without Dennis Dixon understate how important he was for their team - he was their entire offense. Dennis Dixon would get my vote, but McFadden is amazing too and he finished the season, so he should win.

Speaking of Oregon losing, guess who's back at the top of the Pac 10? :dancing

The game formerly known as the "Toilet Bowl" starts in less than an hour. ...so surreal seeing KU up there.

Rock Chalk!

the annual "toilet bowl" was actually KU vs. K-State.

although, Mizzou wasn't worth a shit back then either.

congratulations to the Missouri Tigers. you were the better team today. too bad KU chose tonight to shit themselves. they looked like they were in a coma for 3 quarters. what the hell was THAT?

oh well, we never expected a season like this anyway. 11-1 ain't bad. was still a season to remember.

congratulations to the Missouri Tigers. you were the better team today. too bad KU chose tonight to shit themselves. they looked like they were in a coma for 3 quarters. what the hell was THAT?

oh well, we never expected a season like this anyway. 11-1 ain't bad. was still a season to remember.

I was rooting for Kansas. I'm having a hard time getting excited about playing Mizzou again.

I'm also not happy that an OU win would put Ohio State in the title game.

2009-2010 schedule for the Razorbacks is going to be brutal.

Florida

Georgia

Alabama

Auburn

LSU

South Carolina

Ole Miss

Mississippi St.

Texas

Texas A&M

TBD

TBD

:blink :blink

Ouch. Will Felix Jones be back next year? I am going to assume that McFadden is going to go pro.

Ouch. Will Felix Jones be back next year? I am going to assume that McFadden is going to go pro.

I doubt it. The only hope for Feilix to stay is if he wants to be the feature back for a year. I can't see it happening.

for those TBDs, you could always do what OSU does: schedule a few crappy MAC conference teams and throw in a D 1-AA team for good measure.

:yawn Yeah, you caught us in a crappy year between series with Texas (last 2 years) and USC (next 2 years). There were many OSU fans who noted at the start of the season that if you take the first letter of their opening 4 opponents it spelled Y-A-W-N. I agree that the "in-state-rivalry" games are just dumb since there isn't another team in OH that can consistently compete. And this is the first year I can remember a D-II team on schedule, but its not exactly unheard of around the NCAA. Big deal. Really, the thing that made this year's schedule so dull has less to do with those MAC teams and more that the rest of the Big Ten decided to take the year off. Can't really blame OSU for that, though.

But I'll be the first to agree--this wasn't supposed to be OSU's year. I'm as baffled as anybody else that they're still hanging around and maybe waiting for a shot.

Schedule-comparisons are dubious things, though. If you look at other team's schedules, they don't exactly strike fear in my heart, either. Have you looked at WVU? They look great and certainly deserve their shot at the championship (assuming they take care of Pitt), but I don't think that years from now people will be whispering in hushed tones about the Great Cincinnati Showdown of '07.

If ever there was a year for a playoff, this is it. Nobody has separated themselves from the pack. You could easily take the top 8 teams right now and any one of them is about equal to the rest. It would be great to throw them into a tourney and see what shakes out. As it is, no matter who ends up in that championship game, there will be plenty of teams with a pretty legit argument that they could have easily been there instead.

I don't know how anyone can seriously follow college football. I can understand rooting for a particular team and watching those games and being into that (or even being a fan of a particular conference like the SEC), but the overall Poll/BCS system is a joke. "Your loss in September was better than their loss in November but I think their conference is tougher than yours but you kinda play tougher non-conference games, but you travel well and their helmets look gay."

"Your loss in September was better than their loss in November but I think their conference is tougher than yours but you kinda play tougher non-conference games, but you travel well and their helmets look gay."

Clearly, you have been following more closely than you admit.

How 'bout those Hogs!!! I'm still recovering from yesterday.

Good Game Sooie...McFadden and Jones are brutal. They killed us even when they didn't touch the ball, that FB up the gut hurt. Anyway, well done.

Are ya'll going to keep Nutt. Seems like it would be hard to fire him now, but I haven't kept up with his antics all year. I must admit though, if I had been having to listen to that kind of post game interview all year, I might be showing him the door re-gaurdless. Cool to see Ark back in the Cotton if that is where they end up.

I have no idea of the legitimacy of the message, but I just received this email from a friend and thought Sooie would get a kick out of it:

Frank Broyles: Houston Dale, we need to talk.

Houston Dale Nutt: GIGGITY! WHOO-WHEE GIGGITY!!! TARBLANG FANGDAMUS!!!! PIG PIG PIG!!!!

Frank Broyles: You

Nutt has never looked good on TV. He trips on his tounge, and makes an ass of himself 99% of the time. He's an embarassment to the university, and the state of Arkansas. He has had more fucking talent the last two years, and has achieved only mediocrity. 4-4 in SEC is not enough for me even if we beat the number one team in the nation. Who gives a shit really? Like last year, when we were in the national title hunt, he couldn't get it done against LSU, don't get me started on the SEC Championship game, and Wisconsin mopped the floor with us. He has never been able to win the big game. Beating number one means nothing if it only improves your bowl game from Shreveport to Dallas.

Bye bye, you bastard!

Houston Nutt, the second-longest tenured football coach in the Southeastern Conference, will not be back at Arkansas next season, sources told ESPN.com on Monday

Nutt, second only to the legendary Frank Broyles in victories as Razorbacks coach, will announce his resignation at a news conference scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET, a source involved in the talks said Monday.

Arkansas concluded an 8-4 season Friday with a 50-48, triple-overtime upset of then-No. 1 LSU, and chancellor John A. White responded by offering Nutt an annual salary of $2.4 million annually to remain coach.

However, Razorbacks supporters have been split in their opinion of Nutt since the controversy over the coach's recruiting and use of local stars Mitch Mustain and Damian Williams, the quarterback and wide receiver who transferred to USC after the 2006 season. Not only that, but an Arkansas fan acquired Nutt's cell-phone records through the Freedom of Information Act.

Though support for Nutt has surged since the Razorbacks' upset win Friday in Baton Rouge, Nutt believes the university community won't unite as long as he is the coach, the source told ESPN.com's Ivan Maisel.

Nutt's agent, Jimmy Sexton, and the university administration spent Monday afternoon negotiating how much Nutt will receive of the $3.4 million in annuities due to him in 2009.

Nutt will leave Arkansas with a 10-year record of 75-48 (.610) and three SEC West championships, including two trips to the conference championship game. He is expected to be a candidate for at least three jobs currently open: Baylor, SMU and Ole Miss.

Nutt, White and Broyles, the outgoing athletic director, will be on hand at tonight's news conference.

Nutt, who led the Razorbacks to two SEC championship game appearances, will receive a settlement in the neighborhood of $3.5 million.

Information from ESPN.com's Ivan Maisel and Chris Low and ESPN's Joe Schad was used in this report.

Ok. Here are the rumors I'm hearing. Nutt to Ole Miss. How great is that? And, Spurrier is in talks with LSU. :o

After all of the hype, I have come to the conclusion that Spurrier is nothing but hype and no matter where he goes he won't win another national championship. Him and Nick Saban need to buy a house boat together and sail the world looking for jobs that they can be hyped up for and ultimately fail.