• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nuttless

Sooie....looks like there might be a job opening in Fayeteville?

I know. Thank god. I received this info from a reliable "source" over at woopig.net around lunch today. Now, it seems so true.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh happy day.

Rot, Mr. 2012. You fucking suck.

Dennis Dixon is having knee surgery and will be out for the season...

I'm real sorry Oregon fans, I was hoping you guys went all the way and got the Heisman this year...

Here's hoping he ends up all right in the long run.

Today is the day.

I woke up this morning remembering that back in the '70s, my parents had an official State of Michigan map that included two fictitious towns in the bit of Ohio that showed along the southeastern border: "Goblu" and "Beatosu." :lol

I googled that but didn't come up with any particularly good images ... apparently no one knows how to scan a nearly 30-year-old map at high quality. There's a bit about it here (PDF; image and caption at the top of page 5).

There's another reference and image here, and a Wikipedia mention here.

Best. Interstate rivalry prank. Ever.

About the only thing that could be more painful than the Michigan - OSU game is that if in the Monday press conference Lloyd Carr announces that he is actually staying. Not that Carr is a bad coach, I just think it is time for a change. I just hope it doesn't kill our recruiting this year because UM is pretty thin at spots and we definitely need some good players coming in.

Just remember...don't overlook the fat man.

Kansas vs. Missouri is gonna be a KILLER game.

Of course I'm only marginally confident that OU will take care of business.

Doh!

Just remember...don't overlook the fat man.

Kansas vs. Missouri is gonna be a KILLER game.

The league will be screwed if we still win the Big 12 Championship game.

Good game KY! I will be a KY fan next week and hope you can do what Vandy couldn't today! :thumbup

Yeah, you and all of GA will be sudden Cat-fans... That's cool. Frankly, I'd love to set the dogs up with LSU for the SEC. After watching the LSU game yesterday I think they're a little ove . But beating UT will be a great clean up for us going into a bowl game. We need a quality W to cap off a good regular season.

On top of the Big 10 being the worst BCS conference this season, perhaps if OSU hadn't become a part time member of the MAC conference and also scheduled Youngstown State, their one loss resume would look a little bit more impressive.

OK lets start it now - Who is going to be the next coach for the University of Michigan? Miles seems to be the popular choice, Harbaugh probably screwed himself with his comments, Mike Trgovac (Carolina Panthers D-Coordinator & ex-UM coach/alumni) has been mentioned, I'm sure Urban Meyers name will be mentioned at soem point. I have heard, Cincinnati's head coach, Brian Kelly's name mentioned. Personally, I would like to see them look at Jeff Tedford from Cal. He is a really good head coach in a bad situation at California. The only thing is that he doesn't have any ties to UM so I don't know if the AD Martin, the UM Board of Regents, or even Carr, who apparently has a huge "unofficial" say in who replaces him, will go with an "outsider". I just hope they get it done soon so it doesn't affect recruiting too bad.

I'd like to see them clean house and start over. Some people have mentioned Ron English (current def. coord.) as a possible successor, but I haven't been overly impressed with his results lately (I mean, come on, at some point you have to figure out how to defend against a spread option).

I'd be extremely surprised if Miles came north, especially since he's probably going to win a national championship in a month and a half.

As for actual candidates ... Tedford's not a bad idea. I can't really think of anyone else at the moment. I just hope they've learned from the Charlie Weis example and don't try to hire some hotshot NFL dude.

I'd like to see them clean house and start over. Some people have mentioned Ron English (current def. coord.) as a possible successor, but I haven't been overly impressed with his results lately (I mean, come on, at some point you have to figure out how to defend against a spread option).

I'd be extremely surprised if Miles came north, especially since he's probably going to win a national championship in a month and a half.

As for actual candidates ... Tedford's not a bad idea. I can't really think of anyone else at the moment. I just hope they've learned from the Charlie Weis example and don't try to hire some hotshot NFL dude.

The rumor floating around Section 6 Saturday was that Mrs. Miles was in Ann Arbor last week looking at houses. Take that for what its worth. There is no way English would get the job. I think he was being groomed for the position, but the way the defense fell apart late last year and this year, he does not have a shot.

While the game was a disappointment, dinner at Cottage Inn Saturday afternoon made the trip worthwhile. And the tOSU fans sitting next to me were very good sports.

I'm already looking forward to Nov. 22, 2008. The new coach gets one in C-Bus!

Go Blue!!!!