this will probably get flamed up bigtime but oh well................went to a free concert on friday downtown where I live.............and the Gin Blossoms were playing...........I had not seen them or heard of them in years.........I went to this show on purpose...........this was a very important band of mine years and years ago.............one that died when all the bands from that era did around the time grunge got too big...........they were amazing and put on quite a show...........met Robin Wilson(the lead singer) after the show and talked with him a bit...........he is a great guy and the fact he has been touring for 75 straight days at that point...............they did a great job............their album New Miserable Experience I still love to this date.............anyway thought I would give them a plug...........for a very good early nineties band that are all around good guys..........their new album(came out a year ago called Major Lodge Victory) is not half bad...........considering they lost their songwriting genius to suicide so many years ago.............

The only thing here that will get you flamed is the excessive use of ellipses. :cheekkiss

I fell off the GB bandwagon after seeing them open for REM years ago and in between songs the lead singer was complaining about how little they got paid for the gig. Left a rather bad taste in my mouth. Glad to hear that he seems to have made the proper attitude adjustments.

I once seen a triple bill at Deer Creek: Spin Doctors, Gin Blossoms & Cracker. For 10 bucks. Cracker OWNED the show imo.

The only thing here that will get you flamed is the excessive use of ellipses. :cheekkiss

and in between songs the lead singer was complaining about how little they got paid for the gig. Left a rather bad taste in my mouth.

guess they have been touring the last 2-3 years doing free concerts...........granted someone is paying them..............but it is a big difference from their 90's success I am sure...........

I have enjoyed seeing Gin Blossoms, Toad, Spin Doctors, Blues Traveler live recently THERE I SAID IT! I have seene each of these in the past 3 years and it is fun to go down memory lane. They all still put on a good live show. Toad The Wet Sprocket are too good to lump into the nostalga act as Glen Phillips is a brilliant song writter and still puts out great material. The others are still fun and worth a few bucks for a night of fun out.

:dancing

yeah a free concert..........with cheap beer :beer .............. yeah I could be listening to about anyone..........but the fact the band was so nice and hung out with their fans afterword was real cool............they are very grounded now and down to earth..........for good reason...........anyway..............good times