DULUTH SHOW POSTPONED DUE TO CHICKEN POX

wilco's myspace bulletin:

We're sorry to report that our good friend and Wilco guitarist extraordinaire Nels Cline has recently contracted a rather nasty case of the CHICKEN POX (not sure that should be in all caps... but judging from the gruesome details in email correspondence we've had with NC, we'll leave it so). He is slowly on the mend but is not quite there yet, necessitating postponement of the Duluth, Minnesota show scheduled for this Tuesday night. That date will be rescheduled for Tuesday, September 4 and all tickets for the original date will be honored. Refunds will also be available to those of you unable to attend the Sept. 4 show.

The show scheduled for this Wednesday in Winnipeg, Manitoba will either be postponed or canceled but will NOT take place as scheduled. Details on refunds coming shortly.

We apologize for the inconvenience... but we're really glad Nels seems to be over the hump and hope to see you out there soon.

Regretfully,

the Wilco HQ staff

:(

well, hopefully we get Dr. Dog opening for the replacement show ;)

edit: nm, Sep 4 2007 7:00P The Trocadaro (supporting Dinosaur Jr.)

oh well

side note: Dr. Dog and Dinosaur Jr. would be an awesome show.

Sorry to all who had tix, I would be super upset right now.

While I would be upset, adult chicken pox is nothing to mess with. Get well and feel better Nels!

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Me and a few friends have been looking forward to this for a while...damnit. The great irony of it all is that we were joking that something like this would happen...

Well, not that there could be any consolation to the others in mourning, but Arcade Fire is coming to St. Paul on September 30th. It sucks I won't be able to see the make-up because I'm moving to Milwaukee. I haven't been this bummed since my dog died. I will make it my life mission to find a cure for the adult chicken pox.

Dang, that really bites. Was so looking forward to the show tomorrow night with a pre-show bar-b-q on the deck and friends coming up from the twin cities. At least the show wasn't cancelled - just have to wait a few more weeks for the return to Duluth. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

:(

well, hopefully we get Dr. Dog opening for the replacement show ;)

edit: nm, Sep 4 2007 7:00P The Trocadaro (supporting Dinosaur Jr.)

oh well

Haven't looked to see if they're on tour at that time, but if not, I'd hazard at least a guess that Low might wind up opening in Duluth (which would be cool).

Get well soon, Nels! :yes

Haven't looked to see if they're on tour at that time, but if not, I'd hazard at least a guess that Low might wind up opening in Duluth (which would be cool).

Get well soon, Nels! :yes

yeah, i checked already hehe

they're free, but so is Richard Swift, and he's still with Wilco as of 9/2, so we'll see :)

Well, this would explain why Nels had to cancel last Tuesday's gig with Jenny Schienman in Philly. The guy that filled in for him was awesome, but to see Nels up there would have been sweet.

Get well soon you German bastard.

My sister and I just got into Duluth after driving from Milwaukee and JUST found out. SO bummed out.

And I tried googling where the make-up date is, but I can't find a site. Is it in Minneapolis or Duluth or where?

Duluth... Bayfront, no change