Things I worry about

So, like, that damned pine tree that Tom grew from a seed he got in kindergarten (he's 20 now) was in a too-small pot for so many years before we got it into the ground in a permanent location that it developed severe self-esteem issues and began to grow in bizarrely twisted ways.

Now that it is in a fantastic location, with water and sunlight and love, it is a 12-ft. monstrosity that cannot seem to overcome its need to grow all twistedy. It is securely staked to a lodge pole as high as the lodge pole goes, but beyond that it is totally doing its own thing, main-trunk-wise. While it is creative in the extreme, I have no idea how to guide its convoluted soul happily sunward. It is quickly becoming so tall that it is outgrowing any possibility of my being helpful.

These are the sort of things that I think about when insomnia gets a grip.

Your turn.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worry about all kinds of things. Right now I am worried about what will happen if I don't turn the ac down. I may just die from freezing in the night. Along with that, I'm worried that I am home alone and I may or may not have locked the backdoor. Also, the constant specter of domestic terrorism, obviously.

I worry sometimes about what a horribly cruel place the world can be, that someone I love will be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think that once that kind of thing happens to you, you can never go back to who you were before you knew how things really are.

Sort of the adult version of figuring out there's no Santa Claus.

So I worry about that.

Parenting teenagers (boys particularly, in my experience) is not for pussies. I'm not saying you're a pussy, mind you, just saying.

I worry about my parents, and what one will do without the other. They've been married for 55 years and are still crazy about each other.

I also worry that I'll never figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up.

* David Gilmour & Roger Waters won't bury the hatchet & get back together

* Running out of beer on Sundays

* My kids will never ever leave the house & I'll end up being like Will Geer

Money (I swear 90% of my stress could be relieved if I had the dough)

I worry about cleaning too. I am conflicted about whether the saying, "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life." is true. I like to let the house go sometimes and tell myself that it's because I'm spending my time on more significant pursuits but then when I do leave the laundry unfolded and the floor unmopped, I live with constant anxiety that someone will come by and judge me by my mess! It's impossible to truly have a clean house when you live with a three year old anyhow.

*Worry two could be resolved if worry one was taken care of...maid service!

Money (I swear 90% of my stress could be relieved if I had the dough)

I worry about cleaning too. I am conflicted about whether the saying, "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life." is true. I like to let the house go sometimes and tell myself that it's because I'm spending my time on more significant pursuits but then when I do leave the laundry unfolded and the floor unmopped, I live with constant anxiety that someone will come by and judge me by my mess! It's impossible to truly have a clean house when you live with a three year old anyhow.

*Worry two could be resolved if worry one was taken care of...maid service!

I like the way she thinks. Especially the maid service part. :thumbup

I worry that I wont be accepted in to any universities next year. I'm worried that I picked too many difficult courses for grade 12. I'm worried that I wont save up enough money for anything, ever. I'm worried that I will never find a job. I'm worried about what I'll do for a career....I could go on forever.

I worry for the state of the world(politics, economy, environment, terrorism, etc) when my five year old is old enough for college. I worry if I will be able to afford to send her to college :unsure I worry if all my non-wilco friends who I will be taking to slugger field will

I worry for the state of the world(politics, economy, environment, terrorism, etc) when my five year old is old enough for college.

Yep. That's the big one. How to instill a sense of responsibility and awareness of what's going on in the world without freaking them out, cause it don't look so good sometimes.

What hills of KY are you from?