Things I worry about

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. That's the big one. How to instill a sense of responsibility and awareness of what's going on in the world without freaking them out, cause it don't look so good sometimes.

What hills of KY are you from?

Living and working at a small university in Rowan Co.

Grew up in Danville/ spent a decade or so in Lex.

I saw the poser you did for Joey B. (lynagh's door man extraordinaire)

That was a sad day for me, afore mentioned child's mother used to live in the same building with Joey, he would have us down and play and sing and show us photos of all the famous musicians he knew/worked with. Heart of gold.

Now how about that hurricane?

At 42 I mostly worry about becoming irrelevant. I'd like to say I ain't nobody's well trained maid, but I'd be lying. :P

Still, I credit my kids with giving me a purpose for living, so no resentments.

Three big things lately:

1. Ceiling fans (they never seem to be attached too securely, could fall at any minute)

2. Cars (parked or unparked)

3. Late night storms (lightning could strike a tree while I sleep, sending it through my roof. Cat could escape through resulting hole)

I actually started counseling a few weeks ago, turns out I have what is probably a generalized anxiety disorder. I've got a psychiatrist appointment in a few days, and I'm a little worried about that too...the counseler reccomended that I get some sort of medication for short-term treatment, but I'm a bit scared about coming off of it. Not to threadjack, but any experiance with coming off anxiety medicine?

while i worry about plenty of things, getting better while on vacation, my return flight not being canceled, my relationship actually becoming easier instead of more complicated & more work, i must say that when i saw that there was a poster named "rags" i giggled & thought my brother had finally succumbed to the power of wilco since he's never been a fan & that is his family nick name. alas, it is not he.

however, to rags, i would say this, having been in & out of psych offices since i was 15 (i opted to talk it out early so that it wouldn't haunt me later in life) i have always said no to meds other then the ones prescribed for adhd b/c when i found the right person to talk to, even though it took a little longer, i felt better. so maybe take your time, find someone you feel comfortable talking to, even if you have to go through a few different people & then decide if taking meds on any basis is right for you.

my last shrink told me that one should pick out a doc like they pick out shoes, by trying on different pairs, i think that's a good approach.

just my .02

Actually, my worries are much darker.

I worry about colon cancer.

I worry that these headaches out of the blue might be a tumor.

I worry that I will be found out.

I worry that things will never be all right.

So this song has come up twice on shuffle in the past two days. With well over 5000 songs, what are the chances?

I know there is another thread I could have posted this in, but with Donna's metaphor it seemed more appropriate here. His vocals tear me up on this.

Ooh little rose, beaten by the rain

In the wind in the gale, thunder and the hail

Sometimes I feel like I'm going insane

Without the numbness or the pain so intense to feel

Especially now it added up through the years

And I, I taught myself how to grow

Without any love and there was poison in the rain

I taught myself how to grow

Now I'm crooked on the outside, and the inside's broke

Most of the time I got nothing to say

When I do it's nothing and nobody's there to listen anyway

I know I'm probably better off this way

I just listen to the voices on the TV 'til I'm tired

My eyes grow heavy and I fade away

'Cause I, I taught myself how to grow

'Til I was crooked on the outside

'Til I was crooked on the outside, inside's caved

Crooked on the outside, inside's caved

Crooked on the outside, inside's caved

I taught myself how to grow old

"Twisted" by Joni just came up on mine :lol

I have many worries, but now it's about getting everything ready for a dinner party we are throwing tomorrow night :unsure

That equals much cleaning, cooking and getting off the computer.

Right now, I am not worrying about anything. Am talking via MSN to my beloved Al, having my husband opposite of me, my daughter is healthy and gorgeous and cute, we had some nice dinner - I am sure tomorrow that'll change again, but right now no worries.

I worry that I'm seriously fucking up my life in numerous ways and I'll never be able to fix the mistakes of my past. Thats a big one.

welcome to the club. planing for the future is very important but I never want to do it, its so much easier to live in the present

What time can you be over? :thumbup

You too, Dunja. :)

get me there - and I am at your service. :worship

A couple years ago, one of my best friends (who is not known for her tidiness) had lived in her house for 4 months and had never gotten completely moved in. Instead, the place was just a HUGE MESS. She worked 2 jobs, was in grad school full time and had a toddler and a husband who also worked two jobs and was in grad school. So, needless to say she didn't even have much time to sleep, let alone clean a lot.

I happened upon her in our office one day and she was in tears. She was so stressed about how she was going to get her house clean. It was SO BAD that it just became overwhelming. There was just no where to start - and every small step seemed like it never made a difference. She wanted to have her house cleaned by Christmas, because she wanted to have it nice and have enough space to put up a tree. She was trying to figure out how that could be done......well....I had an idea.

I rallied a number of our fellow grad students/friends and we all showed up at her house early one Saturday morning and we went to work.....and we cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. I worked the whole day on the kitchen. (and believe me, it took the whole day) Another friend worked the whole day on the living room and etc etc......We listened to bad disco and pop music, we danced around the house, we had so much fun. It was a fantastic day of togetherness. I even forgot after awhile that this was work. I scrubbed her kitchen tile by hand, one by one......and sang "at the car wash" toot toot!

At the end of the day, we got pizza and beer and enjoyed the fruits of our labor and the presence of each other. A couple weeks later, she got her tree up and threw a Christmas party.

To this day, that day spent cleaning is still one of my fondest memories. :wub

UMEN10622front-med.jpg

I worry about my brother who has some serious issues at the age of 35...

I worry about whether I'll be able to do well in acupuncture school while working full time for 3 years.

I worry about my family down South in this never ending heat wave.

I worry that the fish I just got is going to die at any moment or at the very least is miserable in his little bowl. and that the plant i just got to purify his water is going to die as well.

I worry that my house in TN will never sell and that there will be some dire financial consequence that I didn't forsee when I moved.

I worry that my soon to be old bank is going to find yet another way to mess up my finances with another one of their "banking errors" that they refuse to fix until two days later causing even more "banking errors".

I worry that Bush/Cheney will find a way to stay in office and there will never be an end to this regime.

I worry that I'm seriously fucking up my life in numerous ways and I'll never be able to fix the mistakes of my past. Thats a big one.

Dude, man, my advice is don't fuck up your credit and don't get convicted of a felony.

I worry about a lot of things, but they all can be encapsulated into the worry of not being able to stop being upset and feeling inadequate over the things I have not got.

I worry that I'll get hit by a bus before the Archives are released.

:hug I worry that I have a better chance of being hit by a bus than the Archives being released. :P

Dude, man, my advice is don't fuck up your credit and don't get convicted of a felony.

I worry about a lot of things, but they all can be encapsulated into the worry of not being able to stop being upset and feeling inadequate over the things I have not got.

I don't have any credit yet, though I am taking out about 15,000 to pay for school. Which gives me another thing to worry about. :hmm

And I haven't been convicted of any felonies. I'm hoping to keep that going.

We put our house on the market last week. I have been living with worry since then.....

What if nobody wants it?

What if someone wants it?

Can we move out when they want?

Will Miller and Kitty like the new location?

Do I really feel comfortable with strangers in MY HOUSE?

Is this the worst time EVER to have picked to move?

Should I ask the people nextdoor to get rid of the washing machine in there backyard?

The list goes on and on.....

Sometimes I worry that the panic attacks that I used to get will come back -- and be worse

I worry that Jake will continue to manifest his cavalier attitude toward school work and my husband will continue to say its not a big deal

I worry that I will keep over-commiting and then under-delivering in many facets of my life

Edit: and I worry that Crazy Larry will go away again :hmm