new wilco album?

In short, that means an album "not far behind" means 3 years, while an album fairly far behind means a good 5 years.

In one of the SBS interviews Jeff mentions "soon" as in the "next 18 months, as opposed to 3 years". (paraphrasing)

Let's hope.

i'm sure he will do one at some point.

apparently, the follow-up (which Tweedy and several other band members did mention coming out sooner rather than later, like, in the next year even) is almost half finished, meaning, i guess that a few of the songs are recorded. i'm thinking "The Thanks I Get" (which they said would be on the next record - revamped "Handshake Drugs" style?, "Let's Fight" and maybe that "Glad It's Over" track.

here's hoping sooner rather than later. i can definitely handle another SBS-like album.

-justin

I'd love to hear some more Loose Fur, but I heard O'Rourke sold all his instruments and is living somewhere in Japan. Could be totally not true though. You know how the interwebs can be.

I know he's in Japan working on films. I heard he said he has no music left in him. Which is sad.

This is from March 28, 2007. As you can see John's Boston in June story came out to be. Also, I remember Pat saying Boston would be in the fall. Anyways, here is the post. I am surprised that people remember this story. I kind of think a few other people might have spoken to John or even Pat as well about a new record.

"Hello,

I would like to throw in my .02 cents. I spoke to John Stirratt after The Autumn Defense show last Tuesday in Cambridge, MA. I gave a short review of it and I forgot to mention something he mentioned. I told him I loved Sky Blue Sky and asked him what plans were in store after the release of Sky Blue Sky. He told me to expect the next record sooner than you think. I gave him a double whammy of a baffled face and "R E A L L Y ?!!" He said "yeah." I believe John and the whole point of this post. John also mentioned that Wilco would be in the North East in June. I wouldn't come on here to lie. It does seem possible with the recording of Sky Blue Sky that there is a plethora of material waiting to be sequenced.

Thanks

Kristofor

PS Anyone speak to John or Pat after their shows ? "

i'm sure he will do one at some point.

apparently, the follow-up (which Tweedy and several other band members did mention coming out sooner rather than later, like, in the next year even) is almost half finished, meaning, i guess that a few of the songs are recorded. i'm thinking "The Thanks I Get" (which they said would be on the next record - revamped "Handshake Drugs" style?, "Let's Fight" and maybe that "Glad It's Over" track.

here's hoping sooner rather than later. i can definitely handle another SBS-like album.

-justin

I doubt that "The Thanks I Get" would be on a new album. It's pretty much an unoffical (as of yet) B-Side off SBS.

Justin is singlehandedly keeping the flame lit for the bizarre contingent of fans who erroneously believe "The Thanks I Get" will be on the next Wilco album.

If it'll help put the speculation/rumour mill to rest, I'll personally stake five thousand dollars on the fact that it won't be.