new dvd project planned?

from billboard.com

In addition to wrapping the Bob Mould live DVD "Circle of Friends" (Canty played in Mould's live band on the tour it chronicles), Canty will likely be involved in filming some Wilco shows next spring for an as-yet-unannounced project and has also scored the film "Indestructible," about a man named Ben Byar's struggle with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease).

And you could have been less of an asshole. Have you run out of random thoughts to post? Besides, next spring is a different tour.

I don't think I post as much in the random thoughts thread as I use to - dickhead motherfucker son of a bitch.

i happen to appreciate Analogman for teaching me to learn how to use the search function on this board. i get kind of sick of people attacking him/her for trying to teach people to look for information that's already out there. i don't find there to be a negative tone in A-man's posts to direct people to other threads, and i don't think the negative responses are necessary. and the other thread wasn't burried in the archives, it was right below this one....i mean, come on!!

i happen to appreciate Analogman for teaching me to learn how to use the search function on this board.

actually, my main gripe is that he harps on other people for not using the search function that is completely gimp. You can't even include 3 letter words...so, hypothetically, if you wanted to search for the I'm the Man Who Loves You tab, the only word you can search with is "Loves". So I just find it obnoxious that he tell somone to post this in an old thread, where, if I'm sure you searched, you wouldn't find it anyways, because you can't even include the word DVD in the search. It just seems rude and unnecesary.

actually, my main gripe is that he harps on other people for not using the search function that is completely gimp. You can't even include 3 letter words...so, hypothetically, if you wanted to search for the I'm the Man Who Loves You tab, the only word you can search with is "Loves". So I just find it obnoxious that he tell somone to post this in an old thread, where, if I'm sure you searched, you wouldn't find it anyways, because you can't even include the word DVD in the search. It just seems rude and unnecesary.

What old thread? It's on the front page of this forum.

well they tend to me more uptight for the most part and out of touch.

kinda like analogman

going with the side subject of search: somewhere else on the web i was directed here to via chicago to learn more about the history and meaning behind ELT. of course, you know what happened when i typed ELT into the search box. i'm still searching searching searching.

by the way, if you guys think 60 is old, i'll introduce you to my mother. i'm not 60 yet, but not all that far away, and if people in their 50s and 60s are uptight as a group, what are we doing hanging around here as rabid wilco fans just like you? wouldn't "uptight wilco fan" be an oxymoron? yah.

Wow! I was quite interested in the first post. But it didn't take long for tedious playground squabbling to take over. I really hate to get on my high horse here (I'm not American), but one of the things I love about Wilco (and until now, this site) is that they are a real antidote to some of the negative views of America we are so often fed (which I know to be largely untrue). But please (and I apologise in advance to Blindgonzo and possibly others), don't conform to an image you don't deserve (and don't even get me started on the expat Americans who insist on making moronic noise during Wilco shows).

So there! I've added another, possibly irrelevant, post to a thead going nowhere. It's off my chest and I await the backlash.

Wow! I was quite interested in the first post. But it didn't take long for tedious playground squabbling to take over. I really hate to get on my high horse here (I'm not American), but one of the things I love about Wilco (and until now, this site) is that they are a real antidote to some of the negative views of America we are so often fed (which I know to be largely untrue). But please (and I apologise in advance to Blindgonzo and possibly others), don't conform to an image you don't deserve (and don't even get me started on the expat Americans who insist on making moronic noise during Wilco shows).

So there! I've added another, possibly irrelevant, post to a thead going nowhere. It's off my chest and I await the backlash.

interesting and revealing post. two observations:

1. from what i understand of jeff tweedy and wilco, like many of us they seem less than interested in throwing darts at people according to nationality, so if you love wilco . . .

2. believe it or not, tedious playground squabbling occurs in every country, province, state, town, and neighborhood the world over. transcend it.

Sweetheart-mine, you're almost totally right and I'm sorry I got so het up and picked on Americans, that was unfair. However, I believe that Jeff Tweedy and Wilco are acutely and fundamentally concerned with the cultural and intellectual representation of America. So when it's Americans indulging in pointless name-calling, or going "Wooooooooooooh!!!" during the quietest, most poignant and meaningful passages of songs (something Jeff complained about several times during European shows), it just seems worse to me, somehow. As far as "transcending" goes, again you're right up to a point, and my better judgement told me to just shut up. But if that means just sitting and accepting something you feel is wrong (and adult name-calling is different to playgroung squabbling), then isn't there already too much of that going on? In the context of this site, I think it's totally appropriate to object (in a non name-calling, non nationality-alienating way of course!!!!!).

What was this thread about? I'm gonna shut up now.