Wilco takes requests

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on a Mac too, use Firefox and just keep trying. It took me a while to get through.

agreed, i fought safari and then switched to Firefox and it went through on the first try.

should we start a thread titled "why does the wilco hate safari..." actually i find safari bugs out on a lot of websites with forms.

At the Frames show last night, we noticed a lot of older people there (we suspect that they were fans of the movie, and were curious about the full band). At one point, the 60+(ish) man standing in front of us turned to his companions, a man and woman about the same age, and said, seemingly without irony, "Ha ha, did you hear that? Someone just yelled 'Freebird!' That's hilarious!" This was obviously someone who had not attended a concert at any point in the last 25 years or so.

^^^^

The alsheimers was probably kicking in.

I went for why in the world would you wanna live. Think the banjo solo would kick arse live

They don't have a banjo solo when they do it live...

2007.06.26 Warsaw, Brooklyn evidences it...Jeff sings an octave up and Nels and Jeff solo in the middle. I have to say I wish Nels would mimic what Jeff does in that middle part, I love Jeff's solo dealio with the double-stops and stuff, but when Nels goes crazy I can't hear any of it...

2001.11.28 Moore Theater has a fantastic version of Why Would You Wanna Live?

I think the smaller the group of people making the requests, the more likely you are to get rarities (check out the setlists from some of the Living Room Shows). But when you open it up to the whole world, people who don't see Wilco on a regular basis, or who haven't ever seen them live, are more likely than the "hardcore" fans to think along the lines of "I'd really love to hear Shot in the Arm". So if they just take the songs with the highest total number of votes, you might end up with a pretty bland setlist.

A local band in DC (emmet swimming) did this a year or so ago and people apparently voted for songs that they almost always play live anyway. It was a cool idea, but it definitely wasn't a show full of rarities. (It was still a good show, just not the show I was expecting.) It's still awesome that Wilco's doing it. I hope they do pull out some rarely played songs, and that there's a good bootleg of the show.

A local band in DC (emmet swimming) did this a year or so ago and people apparently voted for songs that they almost always play live anyway. It was a cool idea, but it definitely wasn't a show full of rarities. (It was still a good show, just not the show I was expecting.) It's still awesome that Wilco's doing it. I hope they do pull out some rarely played songs, and that there's a good bootleg of the show.

You also have to think about how many people going to the show actually go to Wilco's website.