9/19/07 Columbia, Mo

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the different lyrics Jeff sang in Heavy Metal Drummer. "lifted up her shirt at the battle of the bands..." somthin, somthin somthin.

"She lifted up her shirt at the battle of the bands

He twirled his sticks

And she helped him to his van"

It's a pretty common deviation.

Speaking of lifting up her shirt, apparently there was yet another flashing during HMD, though at the wrong time. I did not see it, though I heard this is so.

I will post my pics later on tonight or tomorrow am -- I have one of Glenn wearing his crown :lol

Speaking of lifting up her shirt, apparently there was yet another flashing during HMD, though at the wrong time. I did not see it, though I heard this is so.

I will post my pics later on tonight or tomorrow am -- I have one of Glenn wearing his crown :lol

Yeah, Tweedy said that after the song.

Yeah, Tweedy said that after the song.

This is two in a row -- some chick either dropped trou or flashed the other night.

HMD will soon be a permanent fixture on the setlist :pirate

"You did it at the wrong part of the song! I guess we should play it again."

(Glenn knocks out the beginning drums)

"No, no, I've seen enough of those."

:lol

Thanks for the great pics and recap of the show. :rock

Did anyone get a picture of Glenn with the crown on?

Because that was badass.

I took several, but he was really moving....don't have the photos off my camera yet (just got home to CA) but one looks clear enough to see the crown, and Glenn's head's not behind the cymbal.

I'll post asap.

I took several, but he was really moving....don't have the photos off my camera yet (just got home to CA) but one looks clear enough to see the crown, and Glenn's head's not behind the cymbal.

I'll post asap.

Glad you're home safely :cheekkiss

My best of these. Sadly my camera was not in the Sport mode which takes pics in rapid fire, but I still got some decent pics.

glenncrown.jpg

My concert-buddy posted about the show on her blog, and included a couple of short videos she shot. It's here.

I shot a few little videos, too, but haven't had a chance to watch them. If they're decent, I'll put them on YouTube tonight or tomorrow and share the link.

:dancing :music :yay :w00t

I know Kidsmoke also captured this....

I did indeed, and my recording has been a joy to re-hear since the show, but y'know what, fobstl's recording is better than mine. :yes The music sounds fabulous in mine, but Jeff's vocals are a bit buried, and we couldn't EQ it much better. Probably due to the combination of where we were positioned (very front, middle) and the lack of a stand. I assume fobstl was back by the soundboard. Thank you, fobstl, for a great recording, and for sharing it so quickly.

I have some GREAT photos, so if it's ok with fobstl, I'll get to work pronto on cover art. Sound good?

M. Chris & Edie, I'll send you my recording as well, because it feels like you are there all over again. :thumbup Complete with all our happy chatter before & after. :P

I did indeed, and my recording has been a joy to re-hear since the show, but y'know what, fobstl's recording is better than mine. :yes The music sounds fabulous in mine, but Jeff's vocals are a bit buried, and we couldn't EQ it much better. Probably due to the combination of where we were positioned (very front, middle) and the lack of a stand. I assume fobstl was back by the soundboard. Thank you, fobstl, for a great recording, and for sharing it so quickly.

I have some GREAT photos, so if it's ok with fobstl, I'll get to work pronto on cover art. Sound good?

M. Chris & Edie, I'll send you my recording as well, because it feels like you are there all over again. :thumbup Complete with all our happy chatter before & after. :P

*swooon*

I'd like to hear your happy chatter before and after too. :ohwell *sigh*

Great pics, Edie! Thanks for posting these...and wow, fobstl, thanks so much...amazing speed! Look forward to listening. :)

I didn't have a whole lot of photos that turned out either, but I may post a couple that are okay soon...there's a funky one of Nels that I kinda like. LOL

I'd like to hear your happy chatter before and after too. :ohwell *sigh*

Great pics, Edie! Thanks for posting these...and wow, fobstl, thanks so much...amazing speed! Look forward to listening. :)

I didn't have a whole lot of photos that turned out either, but I may post a couple that are okay soon...there's a funky one of Nels that I kinda like. LOL

Oh, but of course, darlink! Hear Donna and Edie both let go of the purse-containing-the-recording-rig at the same time....from 4 ft. up.... :blink :stunned :lol.....THUNK!!!! "Oh crap!"....cue Bob Newhart theme....

Post your pics! I will too, as soon as I can get my real life responsibilities to back off a bit. :pirate

Sure it would be great if you worked on some cover art!

Oh, I was set up about half way between the board and the stage dead center on a stand about 9' tall.

Sure it would be great if you worked on some cover art!

Oh, I was set up about half way between the board and the stage dead center on a stand about 9' tall.

Terrific! I'll do right by your great recording. :thumbup

Yeah, my son, whose recording rig I had, wanted me to bring along his stand as well, but I knew I wanted to be in front so I didn't want to mess with that. My recording was intended as "if nobody else records, at least we'll have mine"....and mine's not half bad, but yours sounds like it really should. So I'm glad you were there. :worship

You didn't happen to record in Little Rock, did you? I had faulty batteries & so missed the beginning of the show.....in the pitch dark, it took until partway thru the second song before I managed to get fresh batteries in! The original ones that failed were brand new & we'd even tested them to be sure they were good! I was like--> :realmad Just ask Melissa (Clouds of Fluff).....she'll confirm that kidsmoke can swear like a :pirate when the occasion calls for it. :yes

So ok, I'll get right on that cover art!