DSC01702-1.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

DSC01692-1.jpg

DSC01696.jpg

Couple of Glenn:

(think I've been spotted...oops)

cropglennDSC017001.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

I didn't get very many good shots of the show (be sure to check out kidsmoke's thread!), but here's one of Nels that was kind of funky:

DSC01754.jpg

And, here's something more like the moon over 9th Street :P

DSC01799.jpg

Couple of Glenn:

(think I've been spotted...oops)

cropglennDSC017001.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

How amazing was that sound check? :) If you saw a big girl with pink hair on the sidelines, that was me.

Excellent shots of Glenn. Much better than the ones I got. And you got the guy with the bowl haircut and track shorts! My friend and I kept trying to get a photo of him, but none of them turned out.

How amazing was that sound check? :) If you saw a big girl with pink hair on the sidelines, that was me.

Excellent shots of Glenn. Much better than the ones I got. And you got the guy with the bowl haircut and track shorts! My friend and I kept trying to get a photo of him, but none of them turned out.

Hey! I remember you! (Pink hair lady) :wave

Melissa, your photos are beautiful! Love seeing our handsome Wilcos in the warm natural daylight! I'm so glad you got these photos.....brings even more of that wonderful day back to me. Great shots! :thumbup

lovely...

It's a testament to what an amazing sound Wilco get live, that a simple audience recording can sound so good. I've never heard a better live quality than you get at Wilco shows.

Great live band plus a great sound guy sure do make for consistently good recordings. We are lucky to have both with Wilco and fortunate that they allow taping.

Hi! :wave Thanks for the kind words. It's funny you mention the bowl haircut guy...I didn't realize from where I was that that was his haircut...I assumed he had headphones or something...and then I looked at the pic and realized...no, that's hair! :blink :lol

You should say hi at the KC show, poppydawn! :) (Think you said you're going to that one?)

Melissa, your photos are beautiful! Love seeing our handsome Wilcos in the warm natural daylight! I'm so glad you got these photos.....brings even more of that wonderful day back to me. Great shots! :thumbup

Thanks, Donna! You are very kind. But you are the master, my dear. :cheekkiss (I have one of you looking particularly :angry during soundcheck...think you were trying to tell me and Ms. Chris to get to the front! :lol :heehee)

that pic of nels is great !!! :thumbup

Thanks...dumb luck for sure. :thumbup All of the ones of Nels are a blur...he's so amazing to watch...flashes of Handshake Drugs are coming to me now just thinking of it. :stunned

A few more very blurry shots...

Nels in motion:

DSC01743.jpg

Jeff's bustin' a bit of a move:

DSC01744.jpg

I liked this one of John too (Pat was elusive where I was standing :ohwell):

cropDSC017661.jpg

Hi! :wave Thanks for the kind words. It's funny you mention the bowl haircut guy...I didn't realize from where I was that that was his haircut...I assumed he had headphones or something...and then I looked at the pic and realized...no, that's hair! :blink :lol

You should say hi at the KC show, poppydawn! :) (Think you said you're going to that one?)

Thanks, Donna! You are very kind. But you are the master, my dear. :cheekkiss (I have one of you looking particularly :angry during soundcheck...think you were trying to tell me and Ms. Chris to get to the front! :lol :heehee)

Oh, that was definitely his real hair! We walked by him when we were approaching the back of the stage, before we realized we were about to walk into the sound check. We were fascinated by him!

And yes, I'll be at the KC show with my husband, an old high school friend, and her husband. I've never been to Crossroads before, and I'm hoping it's a better venue than City Market. :yucky We're planning to get in line early. Alas, my pink hair will be mostly gone by then, so look for dark brown with hot pink highlights and come say hi!

This sounds great, but I would like to give a shout out to the chick who screams at the beginning of "Sky Blue Sky" that it's her favorite song, then proceeds to talk all the way through it :rolleyes

This sounds great, but I would like to give a shout out to the chick who screams at the beginning of "Sky Blue Sky" that it's her favorite song, then proceeds to talk all the way through it :rolleyes

It's my favorite song too, only I opted to actually listen to it. :rolleyes

Yes, there were definitely some annoying talkers near where I was taping from at the show. When that particular girl originally showed up I knew I was in trouble when she was sloppily hugging her friends an announcing very excitedly how drunk she was. Tweedy dedicated one of the songs to a girl (Melissa or something like that), and one of the girls in that group said it was for her. Pretty disappointing that she had a song dedicated to her considering she had been facing away from the stage talking for most of the show. Then there was the guy to the right of me clapping incessantly at inappropriate times during the show. When I pointed out that he was the only one clapping and it was getting annoying he wanted to fight. Good times with the drunk college crowd.

Yes, there were definitely some annoying talkers near where I was taping from at the show. When that particular girl originally showed up I knew I was in trouble when she was sloppily hugging her friends an announcing very excitedly how drunk she was. Tweedy dedicated one of the songs to a girl (Melissa or something like that), and one of the girls in that group said it was for her. Pretty disappointing that she had a song dedicated to her considering she had been facing away from the stage talking for most of the show. Then there was the guy to the right of me clapping incessantly at inappropriate times during the show. When I pointed out that he was the only one clapping and it was getting annoying he wanted to fight. Good times with the drunk college crowd.

:cheekkiss And I totally appreciate your efforts. Tapers are teh best :wub