Halloween Costume Ideas

One of the best & most fun costumes we ever did was inspired by Via Chicago....we sent Brennan out as a theatre floor......decked out in black, with all sorts of theatre candy boxes & drink cups affixed to his body. We also put them into his hair, with various bits of popcorn. He was a sight to behold! Several people called their spouses out to admire/ take photos. A really fun outfit that everyone

"got". :lol

:lol I went as the movie theatre floor once. One of my favorites - my sister went one year as "roadkill". She wore black sweats, painted yellow dotted lines up the middle and pinned a couple stuffed animals to her clothes.

my 3 year old loves the cartoon Curious George.

I wanted him to go as the man in the yellow hat, and hold a monkey.

george4.jpg

A friend of mine has a six year old who loves Curious George. I wanted the dad to be the man in the yellow hat, with the kid in a monkey suit!

A friend of mine has a six year old who loves Curious George. I wanted the dad to be the man in the yellow hat, with the kid in a monkey suit!

I don't understand why every father of an infant doesn't do this.

One of the best & most fun costumes we ever did was inspired by Via Chicago....we sent Brennan out as a theatre floor......decked out in black, with all sorts of theatre candy boxes & drink cups affixed to his body. We also put them into his hair, with various bits of popcorn. He was a sight to behold! Several people called their spouses out to admire/ take photos. A really fun outfit that everyone

"got". :lol

Kidsmoke, do I have your permission to be completely uncreative and lift this idea from you for my costume this year? I will bring along a copy of Learning How To Die with me and point to the acknowledgment section and say "I stole the idea from this woman" to any party I attend (which I usually do anyway).

--Mike

Get him a trench coat, jeans, white tennis shoes, a clash tshirt, and a boombox and he can be Lloyd Dobler.

cusack2-734211.jpg

*SIGH*

Kidsmoke, do I have your permission to be completely uncreative and lift this idea from you for my costume this year? I will bring along a copy of Learning How To Die with me and point to the acknowledgment section and say "I stole the idea from this woman" to any party I attend (which I usually do anyway).

--Mike

Well Michael, of very course you may lift this idea and run with it (making sticky squelchy noises as you attempt to escape the force field of the cinemuck).....but please stop carrying that book around! You've got popcorn butter all over it.

I only gave Greg two cd's, but they were important ones to his research....see Chapter 10. I was glad to help.

As for the popcorn bits in the hair, I recommend ordinary white glue, which washes out pretty easily. Now somebody help me with Alissa's costume....she adamantly refuses to go as a jellyfish. Says she doesn't know the sound jellyfishes make.....Bridget, we are going to need a cd of you making jellyfish noises, please....

Not that It would help but I am planing to go as Bob Dylan this year. I was trying to get my ex boyfriend to go as George Harrison and get some random person to go as Tom Petty but he didn't go for it. He is ending up going as Abraham Lincoln if he can find a hat.

you can buy these toy wwf tag team belts that look like the real thing and i have been lobbying that we dres the boys up as...

tt-sheikvolkoff01-1.jpg

I'd have to dress my kids up as:

03-1.jpg

but I don't have any kids. so you're safe.