Now playing for October 2007

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're a pretty big Buckley fan though right? I want to rip out my eyes when Patrick Watson gets played. Guess I'm not really open to that kind of affected vocal, but whatever...

Other part for not really liking is that it is by far the weakest of the Polaris nominees. How it got groupthinked into winning is beyond me. I mean Neon Bible, the Remainder, Woke Myself Up, Skelliconnection....

i'm really glad Neon Bible didn't win it... a) it's not nearly as great as Funeral B) they're huge now, they hardly need any more exposure/press

i also think Feist's album isn't nearly as great on the whole as the first one either, mostly because it's a bit too much of a downer for me.

i'm really glad Neon Bible didn't win it... a) it's not nearly as great as Funeral B) they're huge now, they hardly need any more exposure/press

i also think Feist's album isn't nearly as great on the whole as the first one either, mostly because it's a bit too much of a downer for me.

True. I think that was and will continue to be the problem of these indie awards - Polaris, Mercury, maybe the Arias etc. Their juries are constantly thinking 'They don't need the press' when casting a ballot for a something not as good as the other nominees.

I still like Neon Bible an awful lot. Maybe it isn't as knock you on the teeth as funeral, but keep the car running, intrevention, the Bruce Springsteen sounding song.. those were all exceptional.

onto:

Neil Young - Chrome Dreams II

I still like Neon Bible an awful lot. Maybe it isn't as knock you on the teeth as funeral, but keep the car running, intrevention, the Bruce Springsteen sounding song.. those were all exceptional.

oh i agree... i still looooove it too :). def gonna still be in my top 10.

jagjaguwar, according to p'fork.

as usual... they jumped the gun :lol

ah well ;)

very cool and a great fit for Justin imoand yeah, i too LOOVE the new Two Gallants. Fly Low Carrion Crow :wub

willis-1.jpg

Nice! I do love that album.

NP:

Prince - Small Club, 2nd Show That Night

10/30:

Dan Penn - Do Right Man

Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid Of You and I Will Beat Your Ass

The Band - Music From Big Pink

Pugwash - Almanac