Now playing for October 2007

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been on a huge Judee Sill jag lately. Just having gotten her self titled debut and Heart Food. Damn and blast if this isn't some gorgeous stuff.

Have you got Dreams Come True? - If not, then it's worth having too. Perhaps not quite as amazing as those first 2 albums, but not far behind. Also, on a related note, she also appears on the album Chariot Of Astral Light by Tommy Peltier - which is also worth hearing - he sounds a bit like a demented Neil Young - you can hear clips here

NP. Andre Ethier - On Blue Fog

so it doesn't get lost in one of the threads below...

i'm excited to report that the new album by one of the new schoolers i mentioned' date=' [b']ohmega watts[/b], is up on iTunes. i'm also happy to report it looks like a solid 2007 top-tenner. his MC skills, much like on his last release aren't revolutionary, but refreshing nonetheless in subject matter. he does up the ante on his strongsuit...behind the tables/boards. goddamn, the cornucopia of sounds and their orchestration by O into a unified train of musical thought is a sterling example of everything that can be beautiful about the genre. bravado-free music w/ a message you can wild out to...

j09756fzop0.jpg

not just a solid hip-hop album...a solid album period.

Califone- "Goodbye Cheater" (live comp 2001-04)

I MUST see these guys sometime. Mind-blowing stuff. Thanks Robert. :cheers