• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due in the spring, eh? Not surprising that the baby won't make a noteworthy appearance until then, I guess.

Which meant the baby was conceived during the season. I can just hear him screaming "HOME RUN!" at the right moment....

Phillies over Rockies

Indians win Series over Phillies

Phillies over Rockies

Indians over Phillies

edit: I just realized that I exactly duplicated mrkinsley's predictions. :stunned

That's because you're a hardball sage. :thumbup

Our sagacity is in mortal danger. :dontgetit

I am having cognitive dissonance, seeing Ernie Johnson without Charles Barkley.

So no Cubs posts? Anyone think Lou took Carlos out too early?

Hindsight is 20/20. No one has touched Marmol all year. You can't really blame him for the move, but he probably could have gone another inning without too much impact for the next start.

Hindsight is 20/20. No one has touched Marmol all year. You can't really blame him for the move, but he probably could have gone another inning without too much impact for the next start.

Yeah, that's basically what I was going to say too. The move backfired, but the way Marmol has pitched, I certainly didn't fault him for making it. I didn't actually see the home run he gave up, but the pitch Ojeda hit for the double was nasty -- I couldn't believe he got around on it.

Yeah I agree. Marmol was awesome during the season, I think maybe since this is his first preseaon, he couldve been nervous or anxious. Lou made the move, it didnt work perfectly but I think the problem was more in our hitting like someone said earlier. So now I we have to win tonight. Lilly Pad on the mound. Gotta give credit to Bradon Webb, he pitched great. We need to beat him to win this series though cause I imagine we will have a rematch of this game on Sunday. One loss, no problem.

Go Cubs!!!!

i'll echo what everybody just said. i don't think it was the wrong decision based on past performance, it just didn't end up working out. the real problem was lack of big bats. it wasn't a route or anything, still anybody's series.

i fell asleep in the middle of the game and woke up in the 8th.

Anyone get cubs tix today? It's worse odds than lottery. How do the scalpers get their tickets?

Scalpers have a lot of deals in place with season-ticket holders and people affiliated with the organization. Plus, a lot of people buy extra tickets solely to re-sell them to scalpers to make money.