I don't know if I'm alone in this, but the MLB Playoffs are, by far, my favorite sports event. Needless to say, today I'm a happy guy.

My DS predictions:

Angels - Sox: Sox

Yankees - Indians: Yankees

Cubs - D'Backs: Cubs

Rockies - Phillies: Phillies

Will these prove to be true? Probably not, but I'd love to see those Championship Series.

Let the baseball begin. Good luck, everyone. I hope your teams do well (until they face the Yankees).

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, what the hell:

- Red Sox over Angels

- Yankees over Indians

- D'Backs over Cubs

- Rockies over Phillies

- Yankees over Red Sox

- D'Backs over Rockies

- D'Backs over Yankees

Just curious, why? Arizona seems like the weakest playoff team to me.

Quoting myself from the other thread:

Philly over Colorado in 4

Chicago over Arizona in 4

Philly over Chicago in 5

New York over Cleveland in 5

Boston over Anaheim in 4

Boston over New York in 6

Philly over Boston in 7

Just curious, why? Arizona seems like the weakest playoff team to me.

Why not though? I mean, once you're in the playoffs, a huge part of it is just luck anyway. We're all just guessing here.

My pre-season prediction was Detroit over Arizona. I don't ever recall the difference in wins between the top team and bottom team being as small as it is with the NL playoff clubs this year.

I foresee the Rocks and Phils wearing out each other's bullpens. I want the Cubs to advance, but I'll stick with my preseason pick of the Snakes.

In the AL, I think the Angels turn it up and make a run, knocking off both the Sox and Yanks with some clutch Vlad hits and impressive relief work, and then winning a 7 game Series against the D'Backs.

I'm gonna say a series of Yankees and Cubs. But really, the Yankees are the only team I feel sure about making it. Anyone could come out of the NL, really. But I think the Yankees are going to take the AL. Arods gonna have a huge PS...

Cubs over Diamondbacks

Phillies over Rockies

Indians over Yankees

Red Sox over Angels

Phillies over Cubs

Indians over Red Sox

Indians over Phillies

edit: I just realized that I exactly duplicated mrkinsley's predictions. :stunned

Dudes, the Rockies are gonna beat the Phillies. :yes

I would scared of the Rockies at this point, the hottest team going in. Just lucky my Cubs dont face them right off. Hopefully they cool off some by NL champ series.

I originally wanted Boston to win AL, but now I want Yanks, cause I think it would be more fun to watch the Cubs beat on the Yanks.

I'm gonna say a series of Yankees and Cubs. But really, the Yankees are the only team I feel sure about making it. Anyone could come out of the NL, really. But I think the Yankees are going to take the AL. Arods gonna have a huge PS...

I'm with you bobbob.

If Cleveland gets by the Yankees somehow, I don't see how they can beat Boston. But, I think the Yankees will get by Cleveland, despite having to face Sabathia for the first time this year. I don't see Boston having much trouble with the Angels.

That Colorado/Philly series should be a hoot. Lots of offense.

It's like you two are sharing a brain or something.

I won't argue with you again.

There. Much better.

;)

I really would like to see the Cubs pull it off. But, they are the Cubs. As for the Angels, they're OF is too banged up which digs into their strength - the bench. By putting bench guys in to start you can't come back to them later on in the way Scosia does so well. Besides, their middle relief isn't what it used to be. NY will be tough to beat, but according to something I saw on ESPN, Cleveland matches up pretty well with them.

Colorado can't win. They have those absurd sleeveless black unis with white trim around the arm hole. Cincinnati is the only team that should be allowed to have those, and only due to historical precedent.

I don't like how TBS is using those greenscreen signs behind home plate. It makes the pitcher look like he's not quite in phase with this plane of the universe. And I don't like how they use computer wizardry to make things that look like they're part of the field.