Jeff Tweedy, 10-5-07

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the 5th time in 7 years I attended HSB but a first on Friday....Tweedy was just right and by that I mean a perfect bookend to the festival. On the heels of the Greek show it was a nice change to see him solo with his Woody Guthrie guitar just playing to the pines and eucalyptus as the western sun set.

I was next to the soundboard for the entire set where I noticed there was a boom mike recording the performance and another twin set of mics on the crowd behind the board. Sound was fantastic where I was, I'm sure something will surface soon.....I Love's Me Some Pecan Pie.

First and most importantly, Andrew was a perfect SF visitor. Aside from the festival, he did some major sightseeing (bike trip to the Marin Headlands!), he was great company, and he brought lovely hostess gifts. :) If he's coming to your town, I highly recommend him. :thumbup

A whole bunch of pics:

Friday:

Augie March

1527684275_f7f1fde0c2.jpg

Buddy Miller

1528559488_1d88b02801.jpg

T-Bone Burnett, John Mellencamp, and Neko Case

1528567792_b28c40971f.jpg

some guy who brought (about half) the crowd to their feet

1527708877_334fd67f1c.jpg

1528581680_0b7b094b65.jpg

some views of the crowd (this was Saturday afternoon, at the stage where Gillian was, Steve Earle was up next; I've heard that the stage where Los Lobos played at the same time was just as packed)

1528626798_65b06b36eb.jpg

1527761585_2939bee195.jpg

Sunday:

Hazel Dickens (one of my favorites from the whole weekend)

1528637282_b54e0ba2dc.jpg

David Grisman

1527775963_16732fe68d.jpg

security guard hoe-down!

1528847392_6b26552ad8.jpg

1527985475_91e54a73ca.jpg

and the last thing of the night, Emmylou and Hazel Dickens presenting Warren Hellman, the founder of the festival, with a gift from the performers

1527995211_fa4615a282.jpg

For anyone who feels the need for even more pictures (not likely!), all of mine are up here.

Man, I love Golden Gate Park.
It was an insanely beautiful weekend, weather-wise, and the park was at its best. :yes

Shame about that guy with the big head spoiling the other shot
That's my favorite one!
You got that right ...

http://flickr.com/photos/maudiemc/sets/721...5417955/?page=3

Never has my gob been so smacked. Thanks!

"gobsmacked" I had never heard this phrase before, then the other day, I was reading an interview with John Barrowman, and he said it repeatedly. now you're using a variation on it. is it a UK thing?

Andrew, that page is proof that I have NO SELF CONTROL!

And while I'd heard the term gobsmacked before, I've never heard it used in quite that way. :stunned

gob = mouth (just checking that you knew that). So basically gobsmacked means visibly stunned; taken aback - as if you just been punched in the face.

My variation would have been in the mode of an old school comedian like Frankie Howerd.

Titter ye not, as he would say.

http://www.screenonline.org.uk/people/id/874448/index.html

Now I really much catch up on my sleep. Time to dream of EH!

For the 5th time in 7 years I attended HSB but a first on Friday....Tweedy was just right and by that I mean a perfect bookend to the festival. On the heels of the Greek show it was a nice change to see him solo with his Woody Guthrie guitar just playing to the pines and eucalyptus as the western sun set.

As I understand it, this is only the second year that HSBG has included Friday activities.

I was next to the soundboard for the entire set where I noticed there was a boom mike recording the performance and another twin set of mics on the crowd behind the board. Sound was fantastic where I was, I'm sure something will surface soon.....I Love's Me Some Pecan Pie.

Word has it that those recordings are for Warren Hellman's private library, but I'm hoping something comes down the pipe as well.

Thanks Donna, and you other folks, too. My pictures just go to show that if you take hundreds of pictures of attractive, interesting people in a beautiful setting, you're bound to hit on a few good ones. :lol