--The Thanks I Get

--Passenger Side

--Heavy Metal Drummer

--Acuff Rose

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a lovely way to start the weekend! As the seven year old who was with me observed "He's a Daddy, his kids are right up there." And welcome to fog city Andrew! Get the slackers to see Emmylou there is nothing like the wind blowing across that meadow and her voice. Loved the Mountain Bed and Bob Dylan's Beard can't believe how wonderful the day was...being a Hoosier girl Pink Houses into Sunken Treasure kinda slayed me. Do we get any special appearances the next few days? :thumbup

actually, were someone elses song and acuff done without PA like on his recent solo versions?

... one mega burrito and a yoda statue later ...

Nope - crowd far too big to attempt that. Very mixed bunch - everything from deadheads to silicon valley yuppies to park bums. All good. If my pictures are good i'll post but that will take a few days.

Froggie - Augie March kicked things off and they were great - latest album I like alot.

Miss Jayne - thanks: I had been once before some years ago but it's always better with some locals to show you the ropes - though as walking is my thing I've discovered some places that even they don't know about e.g. the magnificent House Of Stools. For all your stool needs! Walked from mid-GG park avenue to downtown and back, and biked the bridge and up to Marin Headland on Thursday. So lucky with the weather, and you are very lucky to live here.

Got to get some kip for tomorrow now.

Froggie - Augie March kicked things off and they were great - latest album I like alot.

Augie March!!!!!! I am a huge Augie March fan! O the anguish & jealousy!.....Moo, you bloody choir!.... :wub (Augie March fans understand)

Andrew, you lucky dog! Continue enjoying all your beautiful adventures! You are roving in God's own heaven, or at least one of His better creations. Can't wait to see what your photographic skills produce, over the course of this trip. :D

There was also the part earlier on when T-Bone Burnett brought out friends including Neko Case and John Mellencamp, and they ended the set with a big "Pink Houses" jam.

1494783077_29b0deba8d.jpg

Here's the one picture I took during Jeff's set:

1496036876_e21062749d.jpg

He sang "Someone Else's Song" in a higher register than he's done recently (that I've heard, anyway) - I enjoyed it very much.

Heh. I completely forgot that Andrew was coming in to town for the festivities. I hope you're having a terrific time! :cheekkiss

I have been so wishing for some Jeff solo dates this winter. :pray

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm jealous that I missed burrito night, too. :ohwell

Me too! Glad you guys had a lovely, if slightly chilly, time (I hope the babies were OK...:unsure). And thanks for the shoutouts, Mr. Dowdall and Ms. Silent P. I commend you for excellent notation in my stead!

There was also the part earlier on when T-Bone Burnett brought out friends including Neko Case and John Mellancamp, and they ended the set with a big "Pink Houses" jam.

1494783077_29b0deba8d.jpg

Here's the one picture I took during Jeff's set:

1496036876_e21062749d.jpg

He sang "Someone Else's Song" in a higher register than he's done recently (that I've heard, anyway) - I enjoyed it very much.

I love the way the stage background makes the people look like they're in a painting.

Admit it, you guys just went to a festival of arty cutouts, didntcha?