Vibes/Prayers for my Grandfather.

he had been acting a little out of sorts for the past month and he was supposed to meet us at my sisters house on Saturday. when he didn't show and didn't answer his phone, my Dad drove down from Bloomington to Decatur to check in on him. he was there, but seemed too out of it to get to the door to even let him in.

long story short, they called an ambulance and took him to the hospital. after a few tests, they discovered a tumor on his brain and, later, one on his lung. he is in no pain, feels great physically and now is completely lucid...but has obviously had a few blackouts over the past few days.

they were very bullish about removing the brain tumor until they found the thing on his lung. today, they are doing a biopsy to determine what the best course of action is. as he is 80 and, until recently, stayed very mobile and sharp as a tack...we've been blessed to have as much time w/ him as we have and should things not work out w/ any sort of plan, i take solace that he'll be able to be w/, the love of his life and best friend, my grandmother.

still, i just don't want him to go yet. he's been a rock of positivity in our family and life is always sweeter whenever he's around. i was able to sit w/ him most of the weekend and talk about his great grandkids and enjoy both another win from the Illini and Bears to offset the Cubs game on Saturday.

i'm rambling, but any thing you can turn the way of central illinois is greatly appreciated. god bless.

thanks guys. just got another update from my mom and it looks like they will be doing neurosurgery on wednesday and will do biospy from that tumor to determine lung scenario, etc. i'll be heading back downstate tomorrow to hang out pre and post surgery.

crazy stuff. thanks for all the kind words and vibeage. like i said when my grandma passed...go hug or call a few loved ones to tell them you love them, especially g-parents if you still have them with you.

Fond wishes and Ganesh to the third power.

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Big Vibes Kevin & Peel. I'm going through some similar things with my Grandmother. She is slowly deteriorating and it's very difficult to watch the family matriarch physically fall apart. She's not able to make family gatherings and has a permanent nurse. My family stopped over there yesterday to see her for what we hope isn't the last time. Very tough stuff.

Kevin, my love and warmest thoughts to you and yours, at this sad, difficult time. Words are so weak at a time like this, but I just wanted to add my voice to everyone else's here & send love and support. And yes, I will take your advice to pause right now, today, and let my loved ones know how loved they are.

Take care of yourself and your family. :cheekkiss

myboyblue, all the best to you & yours as well. So hard to lose a beloved older family member....shakes the whole family structure. Hang in there. :cheekkiss