Because it's pretty much the same thing

All you Al haters....

I can only think how much less screwed up things would be had the votes been allowed to be counted correctly in FL. And I would vote for him again in a heartbeat.

Check this out, all of you who think the "liberal media" is so freaking liberal.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you Al haters....

I can only think how much less screwed up things would be had the votes been allowed to be counted correctly in FL. And I would vote for him again in a heartbeat.

Check this out, all of you who think the "liberal media" is so freaking liberal.

I'm with ya Edie...and as the stencils on the sidewalk say here in ecotopia "Al Gore is my hero :wub "

Plus, why do you have to come in here and rain on Isadorah's nice little kudos thread?

I just don't get it.

thank you! maybe someone should start an "I hate Al" thread and let us sing praises in this thread. I didn't realize commending the nobel peace price would cause this much angst against people. I am tempted to ask that this thread be closed because where this is all going was not my intention to start with. frustrating.

where is cryptique and EL to the rescue?

I didn't realize you could win a Peace Prize for fear-mongering. Maybe Bush has a chance after all!

But lest this post stray from the intent of the thread, congratulations Albert! Now everyone will take you super serial. Maybe you can use some of the prize money to pay your electric bills. Excelsior!

You're right, but hell would have to freeze over, and there's little chance of that happening.

I heard Sean Hannity last night saying that if a conservative won the NPP, he/she should refuse it since Yassar Arafat was a past winner.

Also, he was up in arms that Mikhail Gorbachev won while Reagan did not, citing atrocities in the Baltics under MG. I guess Sean forgot about the Iran Contra scandal and the Reagan administration supporting dictators in central america, leading to the demise of many innocent people.

I didn't realize you could win a Peace Prize for fear-mongering.

The citizens and governments of industrialized nations need a wake up call. How do you propose it be done?

Or do you really believe global warming is not a possibility?

thank you! maybe someone should start an "I hate Al" thread and let us sing praises in this thread. I didn't realize commending the nobel peace price would cause this much angst against people. I am tempted to ask that this thread be closed because where this is all going was not my intention to start with. frustrating.

where is cryptique and EL to the rescue?

I think you can delete it yourself - although, maybe that option has been taken away.

Anyone who starts a topic can close their own thread.

Isadorah, you can close this topic whenever you want to. Just snoop around the edges of your original post (or perhaps at the bottom of the first page of your topic) for a drop-down box.

The citizens and governments of industrialized nations need a wake up call. How do you propose it be done?

Or do you really believe global warming is not a possibility?

I believe in global warming. I just don't believe that a significant portion of it is caused by humans. I also believe that (given it were caused by humans), any proposed solution shouldn't be worse than the warming. And just so you know, this is coming from someone who hates warm weather. I would be completely cool with it never getting above 70.

I believe in global warming. I just don't believe that a significant portion of it is caused by humans.

What is global warming caused by?

I believe in global warming. I just don't believe that a significant portion of it is caused by humans. I also believe that (given it were caused by humans), any proposed solution shouldn't be worse than the warming. And just so you know, this is coming from someone who hates warm weather. I would be completely cool with it never getting above 70.

+1.

This would also account for why the polar ice caps on Mars are melting.

The Mars rover emits a whole lot of CO2.

I'm sure the next ice age will roll back global warming.

Natural climate cycles due in part to changes in the sun. This would also account for why the polar ice caps on Mars are melting.

This "theory" has been debunked ad nauseam - that it still finds purchase in the debate surrounding global warming is a testament to just how well the right wing disinformation machine functions.

This "theory" has been debunked ad nauseam - that it still finds purchase in the debate surrounding global warming is a testament to just how well the right wing disinformation machine functions.

How has "the earth going through natural cycles like it has for the last 4 billion years" been debunked?

One hears the majority, if not the vast majority, of people in a position to have intelligent input on this - climatologists, thaumaturgists and lumberjacks - believe man-made carbon emissions are behind our current warming trend.

I'm not sure if that's true given the likelihood that a lot of scientists that disagree with the theory of manmade global warming keep quiet. But even if it is, science is not a democracy, and the majority has an extensive history of being wrong.

How has "the earth going through natural cycles like it has for the last 4 billion years" been debunked?

The intentional attempt to misguide the public by suggesting our current warming is caused by the sun has been debunked. The sun data has already been factored into the equation and does not account for the increased warming. A quick google search will settle that issue.

I did not say nor did I infer that the earth does not go through natural cycles.

I'm not sure if that's true given the likelihood that a lot of scientists that disagree with the theory of manmade global warming keep quiet. But even if it is, science is not a democracy, and the majority has an extensive history of being wrong.

The vast, overwhelming majority of scientists and climatologists who have looked at the data came to the same conclusion, the earth is warming, humans are the cause. The vast majority of the skeptics, not coincidentally, are, in some way, employed by or lobby for the oil industry or industry in general.

Our esteemed Senator James Inhofe has gone so far as to suggest that Global Warming is a hoax perpetrated by The Weather Channel