Growing Bob Dylan's Beard

I was wondering if "and I started growing bob dylan's beard" means anything specific. I know tweedy sings this in that one song, but also Jenny Lewis makes a reference to her dad growing bob dylan's beard in "The Charging Sky." I was wondering if that's a common phrase or is it just coincidence that Jenny and Jeff say the same thing... or maybe Jenny is referencing both dylan and Jeff?

20060710wilco.jpg bobhardrain.jpg

Sometimes lyrics can be taken literally too ;).

i always took it that Dylan had the beard in late 60's early 70's when he was secluded in woodstock, not putting out well- received album, not caring about whats going on in the outside world, and just chilling with his family...so i took it as just a guy who breaks up and wants to be away from it all

the term bob dylans beard i think has something to do with growing a patchy beard that bob made famous back in the day (see for example the cover of nashville skyline). i would think that, as people have already stated, it has something to do with being lazy and disinterested.

I was wondering if "and I started growing bob dylan's beard" means anything specific. I know tweedy sings this in that one song, but also Jenny Lewis makes a reference to her dad growing bob dylan's beard in "The Charging Sky." I was wondering if that's a common phrase or is it just coincidence that Jenny and Jeff say the same thing... or maybe Jenny is referencing both dylan and Jeff?

A thread from 2005 - with some information?.

the term bob dylans beard i think has something to do with growing a patchy beard that bob made famous back in the day (see for example the cover of nashville skyline). i would think that, as people have already stated, it has something to do with being lazy and disinterested.

This is kind of how I always took it. Dylan has grown some pretty shitty/weak beards.

This Jenny Lewis - is she some kind of babe or something? :stunned

she's the lead singer of rilo kiley... she's pretty good looking i guess. she's no neko case, but i'd still touch her boobies

also, i didn't even know there was such a band as the traveling wilburys... that's pretty neato.