New Joss Whedon TV Show

Joss Whedon, creator of the fantastic TV shows "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", "Angel", and "Firefly", has a new show called Dollhouse.

Joss is brilliant writer (couple episodes of "The Office" even) and comer-up-of ideas so i'm really excited. The show will star Eliza Dushku, who played Faith on Buffy and Angel.

(Anyone who disagrees with my assessment of the above shows should probably watch them again, because you aren't watching them right.)

Echo (Eliza Dushku) [is] a young woman who is literally everybody's fantasy. She is one of a group of men and women who can be imprinted with personality packages, including memories, skills, language—even muscle memory—for different assignments. The assignments can be romantic, adventurous, outlandish, uplifting, sexual and/or very illegal. When not imprinted with a personality package, Echo and the others are basically mind-wiped, living like children in a futuristic dorm/lab dubbed the Dollhouse, with no memory of their assignments—or of much else. The show revolves around the childlike Echo's burgeoning self-awareness, and her desire to know who she was before, a desire that begins to seep into her various imprinted personalities and puts her in danger both in the field and in the closely monitored confines of the Dollhouse.
Joss Whedon, creator of the fantastic TV shows "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", "Angel", and "Firefly", has a new show called Dollhouse.

Joss is brilliant writer (couple episodes of "The Office" even) and comer-up-of ideas so i'm really excited. The show will star Eliza Dushku, who played Faith on Buffy and Angel.

(Anyone who disagrees with my assessment of the above shows should probably watch them again, because you aren't watching them right.)

It sounds interesting. Outside of the movie Serenity, which I have come to love for some reason, I have never been a big Wheldon fan. My wife loves Buffy and Angel but I just never got into them. I have been meaning to get a hold of some of the Firefly DVD's but I can't find the time. Does Firefly compare with the Serenity at all? A lot of times a movie made from a series is a lot different.

Firefly was my favorite Whedon show hands down. Buffy was pretty good too (never watched Angel.) I will definitely have to check this one out.

As I continue to ponder into this matter deeply, I realize that if I were in Joss Whedon's place, I would stay pissed at FOX for epochs to come. I guess FOX has created a good example with Family Guy, but they haven't done much other than House recently to impress me. This is also the same corporation that dug Arrested Development's grave.

>_>

• 1 year later...

The behind-the-scenes issues with that show have been mind-boggling. Delays, rewrites, etc. I can understand the network's trepidation regarding its prospects. It's been proven that Whedon fans alone can't adequately support a show.

And Buffy is the best show in the history of television. Well, tied with Sports Night at the very least.

Firefly is Joss's best work to date, in my opinion, and certainly better than Serenity (which i loved). Check it out!

for some reason i just thought firefly was a little too cheezy and over acted. did like the movie though. with buffy, the cast just clicked immediately. now news of dollhouse has been out there forever. it was supposed to start in the fall after sara conner which would have made for a good night of tv. now it's starting in jan. this has some potential and i have high hopes. eliza is awesome. her show tru calling was great too if anyone has not seen it. at least the first season.

i wish joss would get his ass in gear and do a buffy movie. that would be at least fun eh?

As I continue to ponder into this matter deeply, I realize that if I were in Joss Whedon's place, I would stay pissed at FOX for epochs to come. I guess FOX has created a good example with Family Guy, but they haven't done much other than House recently to impress me. This is also the same corporation that dug Arrested Development's grave.

>_>

House is so bad...but for TV, it's good.

The behind-the-scenes issues with that show have been mind-boggling. Delays, rewrites, etc. I can understand the network's trepidation regarding its prospects. It's been proven that Whedon fans alone can't adequately support a show.

And Buffy is the best show in the history of television. Well, tied with Sports Night at the very least.

Seinfeld?

I couldn't agree more....except for maybe The Wire :worship

• 6 months later...

I am sad to say, I have not seen a single episode. :hmm I've got a couple on my Tivo, is it worth watching them out of order, or should I hold out for a full season of re-runs and/or a quick DVD release?

I am sad to say, I have not seen a single episode. :hmm I've got a couple on my Tivo, is it worth watching them out of order, or should I hold out for a full season of re-runs and/or a quick DVD release?

The DVD comes out pretty soon, and they're all up on Hulu I'm pretty sure. The first 5 episodes were pretty mediocre in my opinion, but the end of the season was worth the slow start. You could definitely get by without seeing earlier episodes, as many of the first ones were stand alone episodes with only minor story arc things going on. I would watch them in order but its not absolutely necessarily until the last 4 episodes or so.