Devices Enforce Silence Of Cellphones

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who do that kind of stuff are rather annoying. I often see people make waitresses stand at the table waiting for them to finish their calls before she can take their order.

If I were a waitress (again) I would simply walk away with a "let me know when you're ready to order". Fuck that.

Another thing that is really annoying is when you go out to a bar or something and there is a big group of people having some kind of social outing and then they start talking loud and laughing and having a really good time. Fuck those people.

:ninja I have done that with you with BEER too

"I'm in my helmet. Where the bloody hell are you?!"

:lol

I just hope they continue to outlaw them on airplanes. Though I would like to have Internet connectivity.

Though I would like to have Internet connectivity.

Not directed at Edie, but that's what makes this thread kind of funny...people who spend an insane amount of their time on the internet or iPods bitching about people spending a suppsedly insane amount of time on their cellphone. at least the people on the cellphones are actually having verbal contact w/ somebody else. :monkey

Praise be! I made up my mind a long time ago to never own one of the goddamned things. I just loathe everything about 'em. So far, so peaceful. My parents' generation made it through life just fine without them. In fact, my parents' generation did better than mine...

The whole

Not directed at Edie, but that's what makes this thread kind of funny...people who spend an insane amount of their time on the internet or iPods bitching about people spending a suppsedly insane amount of time on their cellphone. at least the people on the cellphones are actually having verbal contact w/ somebody else. :monkey

For me it's not the technology aspect at all. Technology is good. I just find people holding loud conversations on the phone in public annoying. I get annoyed having to hear my wife gab to her girl friends at home, let alone being made to listen to a stranger's one-sided conversation in public. A lot of cell phone users seem to cross an etiquette line with their conversations, is all.

Cell phones aren't inherently bad. Great for an emergency. Some people even need them to do their jobs effectively. For the most part, though, they're overused and used for trivial purposes.

Like all technology, it can be a blessing and a curse.

What is important is that each of us as individuals or as members of families/communities find a healthy balance that works for us.

I love my iPod - there are days I just want to listen to music on the bus/train and tune out a bit. There are other days, I take the long walk through the city sans headphones and enjoy the conversations overheard, sounds of the city, etc......I am conscious to maintain a healthy balance.

I like having a cell phone for the convenience it offers me and a sense (albeit maybe false) of safety. That said, I don't use it much. I don't really like talking on the phone, cell or not. But that's me. I don't even have the ringer on 99% of the time. :P