Devices Enforce Silence Of Cellphones

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I approve.

:thumbdown I'd throw my cell at someone's head if they pulled that signal jamming junk on me! ;)

I don't use mine much in public and when I do I'm pretty courteous about it, so I guess I wouldn't really have to worry about knockin' suckas out with my phone anyhow.

I'm all for 'em. Granted, I'm all for getting rid of cell phones completely, but that's just me. The sooner these things are in place, the fewer assholes I'll have to deal with in public.

Newsflash, modern society: you ain't so important that your bo'shit cain't wait.

I really think it depends on the situation. You have some assholes that no matter what the situation have to be loud and obnoxious with their cellies, and other people who actually need it. For instance, when I saw Wilco in Detroit. I had mine on but I had the vibrate turned on (even before any of the entertainment started) because I had kids home with a babysitter and I needed to keep it on in case. Yet there were some guys behind my wife and I that were being total dick heads calling their friend and pranking him. I don't think my wife wanted to know that the guy behind had a 12" cock and wanted to put it in his friends rear. But maybe I'm being sensitive.

I'm all for 'em. Granted, I'm all for getting rid of cell phones completely, but that's just me. The sooner these things are in place, the fewer assholes I'll have to deal with in public.

Newsflash, modern society: you ain't so important that your bo'shit cain't wait.

That sounds about right :thumbup

i was spending a lot of time with a friend of mine who is a pediatric neurosurgeon, probably the best in the country, and he was called several times on his cell phone regarding patients. You really want to fuck with that? Do you really want to jam the signal of someone who giving admit orders for your kid, or saving your husband, or reporting a crime?

I get annoyed on the train or bus or in public with other people's mundane and inane phone convos, but there are other ways to deal with it. One is to not be a fucking coward, and just go ahead and ask someone to take their conversation elsewhere. Another is to lobby the train for a quiet car. I took the quiet car to new york and it was wonderful.

i don't support jamming technologies, and frankly if people really felt that strongly about it, maybe they would have used their last names in the article.

I really tried to read your post, but I was too busy on a three-way that I couldn't really focus on what you were trying to say. :hmm

I would like to see jammers legalized for theaters, moviehouses, and other selected venues (e.g., chamber music venues ... even I won't suggest that they should jam signals at rock venues).

Anyone who needs to be contacted for legitimate emergency purposes could make arrangements with the front desk at the venue.

There's just no etiquette left when it comes to mobile phones, so I'd like to see some enforced by other means. However, I believe that the public should be notified any time their devices won't work, and random jamming by any douchebag on the street shouldn't be allowed.

i was spending a lot of time with a friend of mine who is a pediatric neurosurgeon, probably the best in the country, and he was called several times on his cell phone regarding patients. You really want to fuck with that? Do you really want to jam the signal of someone who giving admit orders for your kid, or saving your husband, or reporting a crime?

I get annoyed on the train or bus or in public with other people's mundane and inane phone convos, but there are other ways to deal with it. One is to not be a fucking coward, and just go ahead and ask someone to take their conversation elsewhere. Another is to lobby the train for a quiet car. I took the quiet car to new york and it was wonderful.

i don't support jamming technologies, and frankly if people really felt that strongly about it, maybe they would have used their last names in the article.

there you go. well put. it's amazing to me how hard it is for some people to just tune other folks out or just politely ask somebody to stop something if you find what they're doing is that intrusive. say what you want, cell phones have saved enough lives that i think they'd be worth putting up with.

again, versus holding people accountable for being rude in their use of the device...let's just save them from themsleves and jam them. jesus.

again, versus holding people accountable for being rude in their use of the device...let's just save them from themsleves and jam them. jesus.

As alluded to in my previous post, I firmly believe it's appropriate to jam them in certain circumstances ... but those circumstances should be limited and known to the public, and outside of those, I agree that people just need to deal with the damn things, annoying as they are.

I think Larry David had a good solution on Curb Your Enthusiasm a couple weeks ago. Some jackass next to him in a restaurant was talking loudly into his Bluetooth device, so Larry just started talking to himself loudly thus interfering with the other guy's conversation.

As alluded to in my previous post, this is some of the stupidest shit I've ever heard of.

I wish my message board post jammer wasn't working so I could read your response.