Devices Enforce Silence Of Cellphones

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the one with the very slightly chubby hot pale girl nude on the blanket in the woods. I think #4.

boy, that cat album cover is ugly.

For instance, where the hell have all the children gone? I mean, I know they still exist, but where are they? Where do they play? Do they ever go outside? I'm thirty six years old, and fortunate enough to have grown up in a home where TV did not enter the picture, in any meaningful way, until I entered my mid-teens. We were the last non-cable household holdouts in the neighborhood. Which, looking back, was a huge blessing. It meant we played outdoors, explored, fished, pulled surveying posts from the ground in an attempt to preserve our little slice of unspoiled wilderness just a little bit longer, wandered till we were lost, haunted the local golf course in search of turtles, and by doing so, made the groundskeepers life hell, climbed trees, building forts in their canopies, wrecked ourselves on countless jumps in a vain attempt to emulate Evel Kneivel (sans helmet I might add.)
I know you're not talking about this cat: :realmad

I was just trying to annoy you cause the comment you made but the point got lost in all the posts. Your cat is not really ugly.

Forget about it, I didnt mean it.

But as for technology, I agree its our responsibility to respect it and use it to our advantage. All this advancement in technology is a great source of power, it doesnt get the respect it deserves from us.

That societies where imminent death are a real potential have a higher level of happiness based on lesser levels of pleasure is not exactly a news flash. We don't live like that, nor are we likely to between now and the time you quit the board again.

In response to any environment of extraordinary gratification and pampering (Say, The US for example.) the insatiable-infant part of our being will simply adjust its desires upward until it once again levels out at its homeostasis of terrible dissatisfaction. This is the society we

In response to any environment of extraordinary gratification and pampering (Say, The US for example.) the insatiable-infant part of our being will simply adjust its desires upward until it once again levels out at its homeostasis of terrible dissatisfaction. This is the society we

you're not breaking any new ground. people have always been unhappy, despite class or culture.

"Now this, monks, is the Noble Truth of dissatisfaction: Birth is dissatisfaction, aging is dissatisfaction, death is dissatisfaction; sorrow, lamentation, pain, grief, & despair are dissatisfaction; association with the unbeloved is dissatisfaction; separation from the loved is dissatisfaction; not getting what is wanted is dissatisfaction. In short, the five clinging-aggregates (form, sensations, perceptions, constructions, consciousness) are dissatisfaction."

work great anywhere. boy, that cat is ugly.

Ha. What's with the potshots at the orange pets lately? First Barney, now Tommy.

He was definitely the king of the castle when he had to stay at the vet for a few days. He made those vet techs swoon.

Edit: Or wast it Henry? I see. The point stands.

you're not breaking any new ground. people have always been unhappy, despite class or culture.

"Now this, monks, is the Noble Truth of dissatisfaction: Birth is dissatisfaction, aging is dissatisfaction, death is dissatisfaction; sorrow, lamentation, pain, grief, & despair are dissatisfaction; association with the unbeloved is dissatisfaction; separation from the loved is dissatisfaction; not getting what is wanted is dissatisfaction. In short, the five clinging-aggregates (form, sensations, perceptions, constructions, consciousness) are dissatisfaction."

I don't know where it will end. I don't think Ludditry is the answer, though. Probably a combination of technological improvement and some sort of control of the birth rate.

I don't know where it will end. I don't think Ludditry is the answer, though. Probably a combination of technological improvement and some sort of control of the birth rate.

If we continue down the path we are on, the conspicuous consumption of more and greater "improvements" upon items that already exist and work quite well, well, I

> How come people don't carry boom boxes down the street anymore?

you're living in the wrong country.. i've seen it a couple of times this year. pity it wasnt 80s music though

with the phone conversations on trains, a month or so back a not-so-respectfully-looking guy was talking loud saying things along the lines of "i just got out yesterday... yeah bazza got me out... now when i found mick, i'm gonna fuck him up like there's no tomorrow... wont know what hit him"

my friend suggested we switch carriages, which i agree with her :unsure

If we continue down the path we are on, the conspicuous consumption of more and greater "improvements" upon items that already exist and work quite well, well, I
There you go - good on ya mate!

Wez: They kill us, we kill them! Kill them! Kill them! Kill! Kill!

The Humungus: Be still my dog of war. I understand your pain. We've all lost someone we love. But we do it my way! We do it my way. Fear is our ally. The gasoline will be ours. Then you shall have your revenge.