Devices Enforce Silence Of Cellphones

I cant even think of a real situation you are talking about but I will assume it can exist. Maybe then you should be at a place where you can talk freely, perfably at their side, not an event where you would be disturbing others with a call. These kinds of situations are pretty rare and you should respect the situation when they occur.

You're out of your mind.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the vinyl when it came out so I never knew he put the whole thing on one track. That would suck.

I had the cassette, then bought the CD a few years ago. Kind of a drag.

I think this thread has been hijacked.

Officially.

I cant even think of a real situation you are talking about but I will assume it can exist. Maybe then you should be at a place where you can talk freely, perfably at their side, not an event where you would be disturbing others with a call. These kinds of situations are pretty rare and you should respect the situation when they occur.

You are out of your mind.

Remember back when there weren't any cellphones? What happened then during emergencies? Did doctors never go to movies?

This whole "what about emergencies" argument is overblown. The world got along perfectly well for thousands of years before these things were invented, but suddenly they're absolutely essential for emergencies? Bullshit. They're a convenience.

they are a convenience that people now rely on. Like indoor plumbing and medicines and fire.
:thumbup I know, right?! Stupid indoor plumbing. Plenty of people still use outhouses...I've used a few myself. What's the deal with all these other people thinking they are so important that they have to poop indoors where the rest of us might end up smelling it?! Just for once, I'd like to go to the movies or out to eat and not have to endure people getting up to go use their silly little bathrooms. :shifty

This is dumb.

Talking on a phone or not turning it off in a movie theater is anti-social.

Jamming cell-phones in movie theaters in anti-social because it's too heavy-handed for an issue of etiquette. If a person is loud in a movie theater, then have them thrown out. Problem solved.

I'm sure doctors went to movies before. I'm would guess, though, that the nature of just what "on call" constitutes for a doctor has changed since the advent of the pager and cell phone.

The flip-side to good manners is tolerance and not getting bent out shape over stupid shit.