Devices Enforce Silence Of Cellphones

i'm all for people managing how they use or don't use their cellphone...turn it off, don't carry one, whatever. the original crux of this thread was putting devices in place that take that ownership of proper manners and accountability out of the hands of the individual. treating everyone like a third-grader is just as bad as acting like one.

everbody has become so easily annoyed and offended by things...a nation of pussies and i find it a tad crazy.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Restaurants offer non-smoking sections. Why shouldn't theaters offer non-cellular screenings?

all screenings are supposed to be non-cellular, I think. I think the parallel would be if cigarettes wouldn't light if you were in a non-smoking area. Which would be a pretty cool technology.

If there was some feasible way to ban annoying cell phone users from movies, I would be all for it.

How about this:

Certain screenings can only be bought with a credit card. If your cell phone goes off during one of those screening, you can never go to the special screenings again, since you will be red flagged in the system.

anyone worried about such emergenices might want to think twice before walking into a movie theater. That's the way it was before cellphones, why should it be different now?

Restaurants offer non-smoking sections. Why shouldn't theaters offer non-cellular screenings?

because there are cellphones NOW. again, i don't have my cellphone because i'm worried about emergencies, i carry one because it helps me not have to worry as much about them.

second-hand smoke is a health risk...being annoyed isn't.

because there are cellphones NOW. again, i don't have my cellphone because i'm worried about emergencies, i carry one because it helps me not have to worry as much about them.

I'm not sure that really answers the question you responded to. Before you do, though, let me frame the question a little differently: Would you object to theaters having cellphone-jammed screenings, if the jamming was prominently disclosed, and if there were a choice to go to a non-jammed screening?

Haha, yeah me too. I didn't mean you specifically. Sorry bout that.

I only meant that I dont really care all that much -- so my point of view shouldn't necessarily be lumped in with the rest of the crazies on here. I was just pointing out experiences I have had when I asked people to stop. I find that doing that often escalates the problem more than anything. I can't believe that this thread is still going, though. And I am mad at myself for being a part of the problem. I hate myself now. I hope everyone is happy.

do you want to use my phone to call your therapist?

How about this:

Certain screenings can only be bought with a credit card. If your cell phone goes off during one of those screening, you can never go to the special screenings again, since you will be red flagged in the system.

How about if there are yellow flags for warnings as to give people a chance for a mistake? We can have referees.

I'm not sure that really answers the question you responded to. Before you do, though, let me frame the question a little differently: Would you object to theaters having cellphone-jammed screenings, if the jamming was prominently disclosed, and if there were a choice to go to a non-jammed screening?

sure it did. i answered it by rednering it moot...who cares what we did before cell phones, because we have them now and that's what we're talking about. i don't know if i'd object, but i'd find it absolutely insane...again, because we're not asking people to take accountability for their actions and act like responsible adults, we're doing it for them.

so i don't have to go back to read your specific examples, but on an average, how many people at how many films that you've seen recently have actually opened up their cell and had a conversation during the movie?

i do. but my employment there has nothing to do w/ my agenda of thinking people get way to worked up over stupid shit and amplify things to overdramatize on the way to making a point. if i didn't work there, i'd still have the same exact stance, opinions and thoughts.

I'm going to have to call bullshit on this. You can push your technological capitalist bullshit, but I'm not drinking the cool aid.

So the guy who gets his $250 a week from the major cell phone company is defending the use of these annoying tools of the rude. Give me a break. I'm so tired of being in the local eatery and hearing some ass screaming into his phone. I hope these jammers become the norm. I don't have a cell phone and never will. I respect my fellow man too much. Not to mention these things are killing people.

awesome.

btw, as 'the man', i get a lot more than $250 a week for holding you down. plus stock options if the company hits it's quota for technological capitalist bullshit.

Not surprising. Hey if you are going to work for the equivalent of Haliburton you might as well get paid well. How does it feel to be killing our society just so you can drive an H2?

Not surprising. Hey if you are going to work for the equivalent of Haliburton you might as well get paid well. How does it feel to be killing our society just so you can drive an H2?

feels pretty good, but i drive a bentley made out of gold and poor people. company car. i'm drinking oil from a diamond-encrsuted pimp challace that has 'CAN'T JAM ME!' spelled out in rubies and poor people.

Seek psychological help.

feels pretty good, but i drive a bentley made out of gold and poor people. company car. i'm drinking oil from a diamond-encrsuted pimp challace that has 'CAN'T JAM ME!' spelled out in rubies and poor people.

are you guys hiring?