Attention Crafty People

Thanks Reni!

I'm a little confused about the provisional cast on and liner, but I'll figure it out. My son will love this!

I just did a regular cast on - I am going to just pick up the stitches for the liner on the inside of the hem.......who knows if it will work.

I looked up provisional cast on - it doesn't look too difficult, but I didn't wanna deal with it this time around.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here is the very loud churn dash quilt top:

churndashwme.jpg

kid size. i'll add some borders to widen the sides.

austrya--had you used a serger before? i have an old one that was given to me by my aunt. i've been putting off learning b/c i'm intimidated.

i started making this quilt top 4 years ago. am FINALLY on the home stretch here. i'm hand quilting stars in the blue borders, and embroidering a phrase, and signature on the back.

then i put the binding on and it's done.

woo! this is the 2nd kid's quilt i've made in with batiks in this kaliediscope pattern. it's about 4 x 5 feet.

noraquiltfull.jpg

yes, those are fabulous!!

Man, I need to move back home so Robin and I can knit together more often..... :dancing

Yes!

You would absolutely love my knitting group, and they would love you.

PS i totally love my serger. It makes pajamas a SNAP and anything with fleece is made better with a serger, that's for sure. I made a cool read dress entirely on my serger. Took a lot longer to cut it out (as it was kind of swippery fabwic) but it went together like buttah.

i wish i could knit, but i have found that it requires counting and math, two things i don't do much of.

Latvian mittens make my head explode, but they're so beautiful!

My mom's intarsia purse was a big hit, as was my dad's scarf. I was kind of surprised by how excited he was about it.

From here to the beginning of the year, I'm only knitting stuff for myself.

woo! sky's the limit with that book! GO KATE!

ok. i've been jonesing to start a new sewing project, but my sewing/office space is just too cluttered. so i made the decision that if i could get my desk cleared, i would start something new. (this is the best cutting space in my apt. so to have it clear of everything is fab).

i'm not quite there, but have made great strides this morning. am now heading out. BUT THIS WILL BE DONE BY THE END OF THE DAY!! :pirate

(the cleaning does not include the big plastic box filled with paint, tools and bits of stuff related to the ever popular screen door project as it is on the floor. :lol )

under the heading of "New Projects": plugging that serger in and giving it a whirl!

you kids are very inspiring! :cheers

threading a serger is a b*tch, so make sure you have the directions. But once it is threaded, if you're careful you will never have to thread it again (just tie on the new color and run it through). I have made many a funny hat with my serger. the only crafty thing i've done is make two christmas stockings for the dudes on the first floor.

ok. i've been jonesing to start a new sewing project, but my sewing/office space is just too cluttered. so i made the decision that if i could get my desk cleared, i would start something new. (this is the best cutting space in my apt. so to have it clear of everything is fab).

You need a new knitting project. How about this?

I just did some yarn-shopping on Etsy, even though I'll be hitting my favorite yarn shop's annual pre-inventory sale Friday morning. I have a yarn acquisition sickness and I need help. But how could I not get Blue Lagoon and Magical Pavement? Pretty pretty pretty! :wub

okay some of those patterns are weirding me out. :P

Luckily, I don't have a yarn acquisition sickness....though I do end up always buying more than I need. My obsessive purchasing habit is books......

I am studying all day today, and then tonight I plan on working on the pattern for a scarf I am designing. Nothing too fancy. I would rather be working on it now.

Also, I may have to re-do Emily's hat - it is pretty small.......I haven't done the lining yet, so we'll see. I told her I would re-do it, if she'd actually wear it.

If I remember right, "Stitch and Bitch Nation" has instructions for making your own colorwork charts.

I haven't had to thread my serger yet. It came already threaded and I haven't run out of thread yet. I did break a needle already though.

I was making a pocket tissue holder for my mom and I guess I was pulling the fabric through instead of letting it go on its own.

It was easy to replace the needle though.

My mom-in-law gave me 3 curtains that she wants turned into valances. It's all really sheer fabric. She apparently has more faith in me than I have in myself. :dontgetit

You need a new knitting project. How about this?

SWEET JESUS! :rotfl

those yarns are gorgeous!

last night i was searching around and came across a line of garment patterns that are constructed in ONE piece! no finishing. woo! it's called "french girl". kind of a mixed bag, but i found two patterns that i quite like.

kate, i love knitting from a chart.