Now Playin' Jan. '08

51+XLlwbcKL._AA240_.jpg

I :wub this soundtrack.

And, I finally saw the movie tonight. As expected, it was excellent. There's a new landmark theater in denver with a $12 flat rate for movie and unlimited popcorn and soda. Plus, they have a bar right outside... I spent girl's night out watching a great movie with friends, popcorn, and a gin and tonic. Spectacular.

Thundercats are gooooooooo!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/16/08:

Ray Davies w/ Yo La Tengo - Live Off-Broadway (@ the Jane Street Theater Aug. 25, 2000)

Meat Puppets - Huevos

Naked Raygun - Jettison

Daniel Johnston - Why Me?

it's pretty damn dull for me... not too big on the new female singer either, much prefer Claudia

maybe 3-4 worthwhile songs. honestly haven't really LOVED anything he's done through and through since Get Lost (69 Love Songs, while a great concept, i only like about 1/3 to half of the songs, and i had a few great songs too, but overall, eh). my faves of his will probably always be Holiday & Charm of the Highway Strip.

it's pretty damn dull for me... not too big on the new female singer either, much prefer Claudia

maybe 3-4 worthwhile songs. honestly haven't really LOVED anything he's done through and through since Get Lost (69 Love Songs, while a great concept, i only like about 1/3 to half of the songs, and i had a few great songs too, but overall, eh). my faves of his will probably always be Holiday & Charm of the Highway Strip.

Well I'd put 69 Love Songs among my top 10 albums ever and there are only a handful of songs on it that I don't like.

I'd probably put Charm, Holiday, and i in the next tier. For me, this new one might fall in the next grouping.

I actually like Shirley Simms voice a lot, including the stuff on 69LS. I saw her and Claudia play a show together a couple of years ago. They played mostly countryish songs and it was pretty fun.

e9c4_1.JPG

Side 1

(Love's) Ring of Fire

All My Trials

Sour Grapes

Fair & Tender Ladies

My Love

Side 2

Voice of the Bayous

Fly Pretty Swallow

Johnny, I Hardly Knew You

Satan's Child

As the Sparrow Goes

Yes, Anita recorded an album of folk songs around 1963, and it was stunning, the best album of her relatively brief singing career (she was certainly the best singer of the three sisters). This album is a dream. It sounds almost Greek, or in the lands of Yma Sumac. Just hearing "All My Trials" makes you fall to the Sirens appeal. Who could have imagined one of the Carter daughters would make an album of such mineral beauty?

Also released as Ring of Fire on CD through Bear Family --------> my favorite label :badger