• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sann.184.1.650.jpg
Let me guess: Patrick Fugit? :brow

Jeff looks like here a cross between Fugit and Tricky of Sesame Street.

Since when does JT wear a tie? I've never been so disappointed.

What's wrong with wearing a tie? With the advent of casual Friday and its expansion into pretty much every day of the week, it now seems that wearing a tie is (in a truly unexpected turnaround from the old image of being a cog in the corporate machine, etc.) the nonconformist thing to do. Instead of wearing the standard rock n' roll outfit of jeans and a rumpled t-shirt, Jeff's rocking out with a tie -- I applaud him. He's dressing up by choice -- it's not like he's heading into the office where he works in ad sales or something.

On a side note, I find that as fewer and fewer folks where I work wear a tie, I am now more likely to wear one. It's not exactly rebelious, but in a workplace that's pretty much requires a dress shirt and pants or suit, I find that the tie is the one chance to stand out from the rest. One might argue that dressing up is the new dressing down . . . or maybe I'm just trying to pretend that I'm not incredibly lame now that I actually have to act and dress like an adult.

Anyway, cool picture.

I don't think he is dressing up. Is not part of the indie rock scene to wear such clothing? I often see band members dressed in such clothing in rock magazines these days. If nothing else, it's just a take on the stage clothes of the olden days.

I remember this photo and a discussion just like this about it and all the others that were released back then.* Mikael was out due to illness/death in the family I THINK. Not totally sure on that, but there was some sort of very valid reason he missed it. And I'm not sure (since I've never been there) but that might have been in the Irving Plaza lobby before said 2004 show.

*I'm too stinking lazy/technically lame to dig through the archive for the old thread.

Poughkeepsie 2004. Dark suit. Dark shirt. Maroon(?) tie. Hummingbird dance. Great show. I saw Maudie there. B)

Did he have a tie on in that show? I remember the suit, though.

Poughkeepsie 2004. Dark suit. Dark shirt. Maroon(?) tie. Hummingbird dance. Great show. I saw Maudie there. B)

Dark suit. Dark shirt. Looks like a grey tie (although, my pictures from that night are crap). Hi Bob! :wave

DSC03658a.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
What's wrong with wearing a tie? With the advent of casual Friday and its expansion into pretty much every day of the week, it now seems that wearing a tie is (in a truly unexpected turnaround from the old image of being a cog in the corporate machine, etc.) the nonconformist thing to do. Instead of wearing the standard rock n' roll outfit of jeans and a rumpled t-shirt, Jeff's rocking out with a tie -- I applaud him. He's dressing up by choice -- it's not like he's heading into the office where he works in ad sales or something.

"Whats wrong with rock and roll? For starters, all the assholes wearing ties." - Iggy Pop