Radiohead (sort of) Announce American Tour

From Stereogum:

Radiohead Announce North American Tour Markets For 2008

Thom's talked tough about never releasing data on the number of folks that downloaded Radiohead's latest opus from inrainbows.com (nor what they paid ... although he did reveal how many parted with the maximum allowed

Somebody should suggest to them that contrary to popular belief, Cleveland does not, in fact, rock; and that for the OH show they should do Columbus instead. (full disclosure: we don't rock that much, either, but if I'm ever going to make it to a Radiohead show it probably won't be unless they play less than 10 miles from me) :lol

Somebody should suggest to them that contrary to popular belief, Cleveland does not, in fact, rock; and that for the OH show they should do Columbus instead.

I'm just surprised to see Montreal, Toronto, Cleveland....and no Detroit?

I'm just surprised to see Montreal, Toronto, Cleveland....and no Detroit?

They have not touched Detroit since Ok Computer.

I wish Thom and company would pay Detroit a visit. It's not like Tony Blair and George Bush meet in sexual congress with Kwame Kilpatrick in Hart Plaza.

I know tickets for this are going to be impossible so is there anything like the way Wilco does the tickets for Radiohead? Or are we just going to hope for the best with Ticketbastard?

For the European tour, all tickets, at least to my knowledge, were through the band's W.A.S.T.E. site. Last year, the site said that tickets were going to go on sale at some point on a given day...turned out to be 5am central time. Rest assured (and sleep deprived) I'll be up for about 24 straight hours if that happens again. So, while I was trying to ease your fears, I may have accidentally stoked the flames of insanity. Sorry!

I know tickets for this are going to be impossible so is there anything like the way Wilco does the tickets for Radiohead? Or are we just going to hope for the best with Ticketbastard?

they'll be playing big venues again, they won't be impossible by any means. it'll be like the '03 tour, which was super easy to get tickets for.

They have not touched Detroit since Ok Computer.

I wish Thom and company would pay Detroit a visit. It's not like Tony Blair and George Bush meet in sexual congress with Kwame Kilpatrick in Hart Plaza.

They played a lot of outdoor venues in 2003, and probably want to do so this time around as well. The only conceivable outdoor venue in or around the Detroit area is the old Pine Knob (DTE) . . . and it sucks because it's dominated by corporate season-ticket holders. The closest WASTE could get to distributing tickets would be the 20th row. The Pearl Jam shows there in 2003 were a disaster.

They played a lot of outdoor venues in 2003, and probably want to do so this time around as well. The only conceivable outdoor venue in or around the Detroit area is the old Pine Knob (DTE) . . . and it sucks because it's dominated by corporate season-ticket holders. The closest WASTE could get to distributing tickets would be the 20th row. The Pearl Jam shows there in 2003 were a disaster.

I remember those two shows. I could only attend the second day and it was well worth if for hearing a lot of No Code.

Back to the topic, Radiohead could play at some theaters. They could take a stab at Comerica Park or spend several nights at the Fox.

they'll be playing big venues again, they won't be impossible by any means. it'll be like the '03 tour, which was super easy to get tickets for.

Yeah I figure they will be playing the ACC in Toronto like they did in 2003 so tickets shouldn't be THAT hard. But I just don't want it to be like the last tour where they were on ebay for ridiculous amounts of cash, but granted also the record just went #1 so I think there will be quite a demand for this tour.

Bold prediction: the Dallas show will happen the weekend of ACL Fest, and Radiohead will headline that festival.

I doubt it. They will almost certainly play Lolla this year, and since ACL and Lolla are run by the same people, I don't think they'd have the same headliner at both fests.

Even the album was available virtually free months ago?

not really... Radiohead fans are hardcore and want the physical product :)

not saying it's not great or very cool, but i wasn't surprised/impressed in the least it was #1