Is Jessica Simpson cute?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh - I don't know - check it out. We ain't fighting - I am just questioning the folks who run this place - as to why sometimes things fly, and sometimes they don't.

Probably because there are numerous people running the place and there are no established policies for a lot of things--nor do I think there need to be.

As an observation, Kate pointed out that you wouldn't have a lot of women saying "Sure, he's dumb and his personality is repellent, but I'd jump at the chance to do him."

As an observation, Kate pointed out that you wouldn't have a lot of women saying "Sure, he's dumb and his personality is repellent, but I'd jump at the chance to do him."

And women are different than men, thank God.

The funny thing about the "big swinging ass" gif was that it was first posted by Bethanydear when she was a n00b, who was shocked that it caused such a ruckus. On her "Mommy board", such images are posted all the time without embarrassment or shame. (Or being reported.)

Link?

i, personally, as i've stated before, have no issue with it. for example, as much as i love it, the 'big swinging ass' pic that created a stir a while back is/was a little more intentionally provocative than some of the images contained in this thread.

my post was just me being a smartass, as i'm prone to do. no foul intended, bean.

back on point however, i really am interested to hear how the book thrown out there has any bearing on whether i find jessica simpson attractive or not? as bobob stated, will reading said book make me less attracted to certain women or is the point that it will make me feel less okay w/ being attracted to certain women?

i guess i'm still not seeing what the 'contradiction' (supposed or otherwise) actually is. jnick, please elaborate before (as usual) i put words in your mouth. :thumbup

Wait, what?

I argued against there being a contradiction.

bob appeared to be incredulous that others viewed Jessica Simpson as anything less than beautiful, my point was simply this:

After a lifetime of viewing the Barbie aesthetic, having it sort of forced down my throat through movies, videos, advertisements, etc, I find Simpson and her ilk, well, sort of generic, bland and boring, desensitized to it, that particular look. And thus, less attracted to it or titillated by it, that look.

And that others may be sort of feeling the same way, sort of burnt out and fatigued.

to be fair, while i would wholeheartedly agree that MORE men would and do say that...i completely disagree that A LOT of women don't say things exactly like that. throw in that there even more women who may not SAY it, but sure as hell THINK it.

but, as a sexually democratic individual, i think there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

After a lifetime of viewing the Barbie aesthetic' date=' having it sort of forced down my throat through movies, videos, advertisements, etc, I find Simpson and her ilk, well, sort of generic, bland and boring, desensitized to it, that particular look. And thus, less attracted to it or titillated by it, that look.[/quote']

yeah, i get that...but how does that book figure into things? what i'm driving at, does said book go over and above expressing that the media, etc. help perpetuate some skewed concepts of body image/etc. and say that it's not okay and/or you are less of a person to be/for being attracted to any women fitting into that category?

again, i think it's just fine for people to be physically attracted to all sorts of men/women for a myriad of different reasons...the title of the thread was asking if i found J.S. cute, not if i want to hang out, date, marry her.

to be fair, while i would wholeheartedly agree that MORE men would and do say that...i completely disagree that A LOT of women don't say things exactly like that. throw in that there even more women who may not SAY it, but sure as hell THINK it.

but, as a sexually democratic individual, i think there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

yeah, i get that...but how does that book figure into things? what i'm driving at, does said book go over and above expressing that the media, etc. help perpetuate some skewed concepts of body image/etc. and say that it's not okay and/or you are less of a person to be/for being attracted to any women fitting into that category?

again, i think it's just fine for people to be physically attracted to all sorts of men/women for a myriad of different reasons...the title of the thread was asking if i found J.S. cute, not if i want to hang out, date, marry her.

does said book go over and above expressing that the media, etc. help perpetuate some skewed concepts of body image/etc.

Yes to this point

I don't understand the conscious desire by some "intellectuals" to subvert natural instincts. Jessica Simpson is an idealized vision of beauty because she emphasizes the things we have always, biologically, desired. She looks, for lack of a better term, "healthy". In numerous ways. But, because it is the image our media pushes, and because these same "intellectuals" have a tendency to deny anything most people like (Britney Spears' music, Michael Bay films, Christianity), they will consciously or subconsciously, deny her attractiveness.

Of course, this is all just my take on it. I could be wrong. Maybe people just honestly aren't attracted to her. But, there is a difference, to me, between finding her attractive, and thinking she is dumb, or thinking she represents a negative archetype that is unhealthy to our culture. She's still smoking hot.

good post.