Three shows in Rosemont sounds depressing. Too bad there isn't a better indoor venue in the Chicago area. I guess UIC is just a bit too small, United Center too big. 

I'm guessing Rosemont is a LOT more friendly on some of the recreational activities likely to be going on than United Center too.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing Rosemont is a LOT more friendly on some of the recreational activities likely to be going on than United Center too.

Rosemont was the worst for Dead shows. It was like they unleashed the hounds on us. Maybe things have changed. Was recently at United Center for Radiohead, and when security saw me smoking, informed me it wasn't allowed and then left me alone. Beyond a sample size of just me, never heard of issues at United Center, heard of many issues at Rosemont. 

• 3 weeks later...

Caught all 3 Dick's shows Labor Day weekend. Overall, fantastic stuff. A bunch of traditional 2nd set stuff tossed into opener/first set slots. No tricks or themes or anything, just fantastic music.

People were giving tickets away the first night, cheap ones the second night, and cheap ones the 3rd night up until an hour before the show, then they spiked high. 

Riviera Maya just announced.today. Would love to hit this....