Do you have trouble maintaining an election?

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Texas is not out yet.

No kidding! 2 million votes and it's still very very close. Time to bring in the lawyers! :stunned

I was pretty surprised that HRC took Ohio, fairly decisively really. But you should NEVER count out the Clintons.

I found it "interesting" in her speech that the candidate who just a few weeks ago chastised Obama for "plagarism," used 'Yes We Will' (more mocking than copying really) and waxed poetic about the woman who sent $10 and watches all of Clinton's speeches, in an obvious take on the elderly woman who sent $3.01 and a quote from scripture.

I found it "interesting" in her speech that the candidate who just a few weeks ago chastised Obama for "plagarism," used 'Yes We Will' (more mocking than copying really) and waxed poetic about the woman who sent $10 and watches all of Clinton's speeches, in an obvious take on the elderly woman who sent $3.01 and a quote from scripture.

I noticed that as well.

It seems like the places remaining to report in texas are mainly obama strongholds, so that is encouraging. Its going to be a matter of about 10,000 or 20,000 votes though, and if obama wins the caucus part of texas things, he'll end up with more delegates. So he's still doing well.

HRC by 70K in TX with 75% reporting. I think I'll be up for awhile to see how this plays out.

apparently she only gained 4 delegates on Obama from today though :)

Unbelievable. Man, the spin that gets played...wasn't this the ones she had to win?

Obamamentum isn't stopped by any means but it does seem to have slowed a tad bit. "The long haul" indeed. There's still 6 months until Convention time and there's still going to be some grappling/arguing about FL and MI. Bill Nelson was on the floor just today going off about that again.

from rhode island, and voted for clinton in order to block obama, then instantly switched back to the gop, i was like a spy, i was away from tv all day, im laughing now over it, and for the record i hate rush and was gonna do this anyway, that guy is an uber tool

That seems like some twisted logic right there man.

i am motherfuckin ashamed of my own state...how can we be so conceited? :upset

Well, disappointed, at least. I'm surprised, too, at HRC taking OH as decisively as she did.

Glancing at the map on CNN, Obama took only the larger cities: Cleveland, Columbus, and Cinci and then there's a whole lotta HRC covering the rest of the map. Not too surprising, I guess, because HRC definitely spent more time in OH courting the small town/rural votes. Obama's best chance was to win big on the cities--he won the biggest ones, but I was surprised to see that Dayton, Akron, Toledo, Youngstown, etc all went to HRC. A couple of those could have put Obama over the top. Oh well.

sure you don't like him? :unsure

let me rephrase, while i may agree with him on some of the big issues, i will never agree with the way he goes about running his show and expressing his ideas by beating down anyone who oposes him

:barf :barf :barf

Well, McCain's an OK fallback.

Well, not exactly, but you have to admit that of the original 8 or 9 guys he's the only one who didn't scare the hell out of me.

Now - how much does an endorsement from one of the least-favorite presidents of modern times ( and arguably the worst ever) really help this guy?

And, does McCain court Huckleberry as VP in a pathetic attempt to woo the evangelicals? Hmmm.

i am motherfuckin ashamed of my own state...how can we be so conceited? :upset

This is dumb. Like seriously, crazy, Rush Limbaugh like levels of dumbness, here. I'm sorry, I wish I didn't have to put it that way, but come on. Seriously?

Well, disappointed, at least. I'm surprised, too, at HRC taking OH as decisively as she did.

Glancing at the map on CNN, Obama took only the larger cities: Cleveland, Columbus, and Cinci and then there's a whole lotta HRC covering the rest of the map. Not too surprising, I guess, because HRC definitely spent more time in OH courting the small town/rural votes. Obama's best chance was to win big on the cities--he won the biggest ones, but I was surprised to see that Dayton, Akron, Toledo, Youngstown, etc all went to HRC. A couple of those could have put Obama over the top. Oh well.

Dayton did go to Obama according to the map on the ny times

Obama really fumbled this NAFTA issue and it came back to bite him.

I have supported HRC all along, and I was half rooting for Obama last night. A Clinton sweep of Texas and Ohio means the Dems will spend the next 3 mos beating each other up while McCain waits in the wings. And then, (i) we get a nominee who is hated by half the party because she forced her way in at the convention; or (ii) a nominee who did not win one of the following states: NY, CA, TX, OH, NJ, etc.

McCain is licking his chops, and the Dems are somehow, someway, finding a way to give this election away. Unbelievable.

what real, tangible alternative does Obama offer?

I say this as an HRC supporter. I think most Obama supporters would agree that substantively there's not all that much of a difference, and that at the end of the day, he would be better at uniting and inspiring folks and that in the long run this will result in more change. And that HRC is so polarizing that she'd either (1) not be able to get as much done; or (2) be more easily beaten by McCain in the general electrion because she will get the right wing to the voting booths.

I happen to disagree with much of this -- I think HRC's health care plan is better, and I think her stance on negotiating with heads of state is more reasonable. I also think her position on NAFTA is more reasonable.

I also fear, that as HRC continues to win the big states, that it makes McCain's argument for him. I fear that Obama is (in the eyes of the RNC) slowly morphing into the "left-wing liberal fringe candidate who couldn't even win one big state in his own primary." I can see McCain going there already. And I don't know if that nets out the fear among Dems that HRC gets every right wing nut to the polls on election day. You dont think the right wing will turn out in droves to vote against that?

At this point, I just want whoever will beat McCain to win the nomination. Dangit.