What album(s) do you want Wilco...

I don't want them to be influenced by any album. I want them to make the music they feel that they have inside them. Though obviously it will have some type of influence, I'd rather be surprised. If they actually made an album because of an influence recommended by fans, I'd laugh the laugh of deep disgust.

I don't want them to be influenced by any album. I want them to make the music they feel that they have inside them. Though obviously it will have some type of influence, I'd rather be surprised. If they actually made an album because of an influence recommended by fans, I'd laugh the laugh of deep disgust.

HUH?!!

Every freakin' album they've put out has been influenced by records in their cd collections. Go check out "Kangaroo" by Big Star and tell me it doesn't remind of you "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart." Go listen to Neil Young's "Down by the River" and tell me it doesn't remind you of the guitars in ALTWYS and Spiders off Ghost is Born. Jeff Tweedy talked much of Relatively Clean Rivers, and supposedly some songs off Sky Blue Sky have that sound. I could go on and on.

You don't think Radiohead or the Flaming Lips or the Rolling Stones......ete, etc, weren't influenced by records they heard?!

If not for Big Star, I doubt the Replacements would have created half of the great music they did.

Yeah, it'd be funny if Wilco made an album based off my silly recommendations.

It'd be even funnier if Wilco tried to make an album ONLY by making music "they feel that they have inside them".

What a load of crap!

It isn't a load of crap. Read my post again and first, please, before replying. I am aware of the albums influences. I said that I do NOT want it influenced by fans choices. Jaysus! Is there anything remotely critical allowed? And I didn't even criticize. Some of ya'll scare me. What is inside of them is obviously due to influences. Sheesh!

It isn't a load of crap. Read my post again and first, please, before replying. I am aware of the albums influences. I said that I do want it influenced by fans choices. Jaysus! Is there anything remotely critical allowed? And I didn't even criticize. Some of ya'll scare me. What is inside of them is obviously due to influences. Sheesh!

I thought it'd be fun to hear what Wilco fans thought would be a good direction for the band to go....in general terms. It's obvious here that nobody gives a rat's ass.

You DID say you don't want them to be influenced by any album. Taken literally, I agree. But, I think a handful of albums can get into an artist's rotation, and can influence the direction of their next record.

I'm hoping they go into more a funky, dirty, unpredictable, rockin' direction, rather than a Grateful Dead, guitar-wankery direction. That's just me.

And your post was anything but "critical." Your post was defending the band....that's not considered critical.

Jaysus!

Sheesh!

jakobnicholas, I apologize for my tone. A misunderstanding between us. Sorry.

In Rainbows

-justin

Yeah, I'd go with that.

I love the natural, "like-your-sitting-in-the-studio-with-the-band" feel of Sky Blue Sky and A Ghost is Born.

But it might be cool to hear this lineup mix their natural music with some studio trickeries. Tweedy's solo Lullaby for Rafters and Beams was beautiful....that seemed to have a little studio enhancements with it.

AM

BT

MA

MAII

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

Is that right?